What's new

Front proximity sensor is makin me mad

Alude904

Reaction score
When i first heard of people accidently hitting buttons like speaker phone with their face while on the phone i was like oh that sucks for them but im not having any problems. Now im having all kinds of problems with my proximity sensor and i cant have a honest conversation without accidently hitting butttons like mute, speaker phone, and even end call a couple times. How common is this problem for everyone else?

I don't know that I would say I have had a problem.... But it does seem to be alot more sensitive. If it's not right against my ear the screen comes back on.

Reset my phone and problem was solved. No more cheek dialing

MacWorld recommended going into Settings>General>Reset and then Reset Network Settings. I did this a week ago and have had no problems since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i always hang up every 10 minutes, or when i move to to comfortable

When i first heard of people accidently hitting buttons like speaker phone with their face while on the phone i was like oh that sucks for them but im not having any problems. Now im having all kinds of problems with my proximity sensor and i cant have a honest conversation without accidently hitting butttons like mute, speaker phone, and even end call a couple times. How common is this problem for everyone else?

It is my biggest issue with the phone. Happens daily. Either hangs up on the caller, tries to start facetime, or puts speaker phone or mute on. Real pain in the neck.

Newbie question: Is there not a way to adjust the sensativity of the sensor? Kind of like adjusting the sensativity of a finger pad on a laptop?

I thought Apple might try to slip it in this last update.. Has anyone noticed a difference?

just reset the phone...it easy....

banner.png

So I've have had the same issue, cheeck dialing. So what i do, and by no means is it a fix, just enough of a fix to get through a phone call. Once I've established the connection and start conversating, I simply hit the home button, and go back to my home screen. I only have three apps on my first home screen page, but my cheeck has open an app once in a while, but at least i get through the phone call without interference.

I was having issues with cheek dialing and dropped calls. I just bought the phone on Sept. 26. I returned it today and they replaced it. This one works great!!

Is there a way to lock the screen during a call? My phone did this once but I don't know how. I've got these same problems big time.