What's new

Freezing on text entry

bodean

Reaction score
In the last 48 hours my VZW IPhone 4 (JB) has been freezing when entering text. Wether it is bitesms, or a URL or google search in safari. I have to hit the home button when this happens and relaunch app, or reboot phone. Any ideas? I am running 4.2.8 OS.

Corrupted files are on the device or you've installed apps which inter-act with some files in the iOS. Factory reset is needed IMO.

I agree Bab, i would do a factory restore to make sure all the files are back to normal. Are you useing a different text than the original one that came with the iphone like whatsapp or Bitesms?

I agree Bab, i would do a factory restore to make sure all the files are back to normal. Are you useing a different text than the original one that came with the iphone like whatsapp or Bitesms?

Ill look into a factory reset as an option. I am on the road/out of town from my home ITUNES for a week, so it may not be an option now.
I use BiteSMS. I did remove Winterboard to see if a theme was interfering.

I dont think is going to be anything with winterboard but the version of Bitesms might be the issue. There are probably 300 different versions in cydia and the one you got must be corrupt. When installing it did you get any red text writing at the end or did it dl all the way and say complete with the bar at the bottom all the way full? I would just remove it and try another one or dont use it at all.

All,

i was having the same issue..

i wish i saw this post before i wiped/upgraded and now cannot downgrade (another
post has my issue)...

i could not figure out why, but if i knew someone else was having the issue
i would have never upgraded...

it would happen in mail, safari, bitesms basically any program that required text...

i could reboot my phone and it would be ok for a while, but eventually would revert
back..

i was running 4.2.6

Mylyf