What's new

Fragile?

the person who started this thread said his wifes phone was a week old,it stinks,this has really got me thinking,HMV changed my iPad without quibble so maybe the best course is to check every time,i would go mad too if that happened,needs checking out,its opened my eyes,i need to know about this serial number thing.

Maybe a new thread is required titled "Apples policy on returns"

Let's us know if you find anything out. 😊

iHolophyte

Maybe a new thread is required titled "Apples policy on returns"

Let's us know if you find anything out. 

iHolophyte
heres what the man at apple just said,yes they can tell from the serial number that it would be a replacement phone but the value is no less for that.

heres what the man at apple just said,yes they can tell from the serial number that it would be a replacement phone but the value is no less for that.

Interesting. So basically if it's a replacement in the sense of a refurb, but the market value is £400 then you are entitled to sell it for that? Is that what he means?

iHolophyte

Apple will give you a new replacement within 14 days of purchase. After that, it's refurb. When we went in last night, we got a new replacement. I think refurbs come in plain boxes.

I just wanted to throw this in the conversation.

I've heard reports of people receiving a new replacement device months after the 14 day period.

My buddy actually had a sleep/wake button malfunction 2 months after he purchased his iPhone 4. They replaced his device with a brand new one.

Maybe it just depends on how nice you are to the staff, or the location?

Who knows. :D!
Lmao!

I just wanted to throw this in the conversation.

I've heard reports of people receiving a new replacement device months after the 14 day period.

My buddy actually had a sleep/wake button malfunction 2 months after he purchased his iPhone 4. They replaced his device with a brand new one.

Maybe it just depends on how nice you are to the staff, or the location?

Who knows. :D!
Lmao!
thats the thing,it seems like pot luck,i think that 14 day period needs to be 30 days,also maybe it depends if they have any refurbs in too.

Last edited:
Interesting. So basically if it's a replacement in the sense of a refurb, but the market value is £400 then you are entitled to sell it for that? Is that what he means?

iHolophyte
he said that the value is the same!!! my husband says he can't see how it can be.

Apple will give you a new replacement within 14 days of purchase. After that, it's refurb. When we went in last night, we got a new replacement. I think refurbs come in plain boxes.
thats good that they gave u a new one,should be longer tho.

I can't see how it can be the same either. But we all know apple have "geniuses" on board, so maybe it is (laughs out loud)

iHolophyte
yep,bet if i asked again i would get a different answer,talk about grey areas lol.

I think they are. I got a screen protector and case combo at the xoskins store. All the glass on this thing is pretty, but its not as strong as I wished.