What's new

Flash phots WITH a phone case

pannesi

Reaction score
Photos taken using a flash are horrible with a case and wide enough opening for lens and flash. Anyone recommend a fix or a case that would work so I don't have to remove case just to use the flash?

$image-731441082.jpg

With phone case

$image-3590722716.jpg

Without phone case

Last edited:
Wow. I really am so glad I installed this forum app and posted for the first time ever a problem I was experiencing. I am a newbie to the iPhone and was looking for people who had some experience with this AND were willing to lend some support. I was very much mistaken I guess. Obviously I know ONE fix. But as you may not be aware with MOST problems there are more than one solution. So if anyone out there KNOWS OF A GOOD CASE TO USE THAT WILL NOT RUIN MY PHOTOS then please share. Going without a case is obviously not an option and a bumper only does not give me peace of mind for protecting this huge purchase. Wow. Pointless?? Thanks for your help.

Well I never thought of using common sense. Thank goodness you pointed that out. Also never thought of looking at the opening either but that of course would fall under the category of common sense. I really regret posting here. By the way I have permanently "fixed" the problem now and all without using any common sense too!! No need for anyone's expert advice anymore.

Ok this person obviously needed help and may have been a new user when it came to smart phones. We've all been there so try not to be rude to new members.

What seems to be a simple issue to some may not be for others.

OP, what case were you using with your iPhone that caused this issue? It may help someone else from purchasing this case in the future.

Secondly, any case from otterbox, speck, griffin, iFrogz, and lifeproof are safe bets. I've yet to hear of a flash bleeding problem with these cases. :)!

If your looking for maximum protection, might I suggest the otterbox defender, or the griffin survivor? Both of these cases work well with the flash on the iPhone 4.

For mid-protection, I'd suggest using the otterbox commuter, or a speck pixel case.

These are all excellent cases that have great customer feedback.

If you need anymore assistance, please post back and to everybody else...
Remember, we were all new to the world of iPhones once. We all asked "simple" questions if you think back on it. I know I did. So please in the future, refrain from making someone new feel silly for asking a question or un-welcome.

Thank you.

Ok this person obviously needed help and may have been a new user when it came to smart phones. We've all been there so try not to be rude to new members.

What seems to be a simple issue to some may not be for others.

OP, what case were you using with your iPhone that caused this issue? It may help someone else from purchasing this case in the future.

Secondly, any case from otterbox, speck, griffin, iFrogz, and lifeproof are safe bets. I've yet to hear of a flash bleeding problem with these cases. :)!

If your looking for maximum protection, might I suggest the otterbox defender, or the griffin survivor? Both of these cases work well with the flash on the iPhone 4.

For mid-protection, I'd suggest using the otterbox commuter, or a speck pixel case.

These are all excellent cases that have great customer feedback.

If you need anymore assistance, please post back and to everybody else...
Remember, we were all new to the world of iPhones once. We all asked "simple" questions if you think back on it. I know I did. So please in the future, refrain from making someone new feel silly for asking a question or un-welcome.

Thank you.

I totally agree. No need to be rude and sarcastic.

I totally agree. No need to be rude and sarcastic.

I agree! All rude and unnecessary commentary has been removed from this thread and sanctions imposed! Shame on some of you! Do not post in a thread if you can't be welcoming and accommodating.

This member probably will never return ~ who can blame her?

You all have been warned.

​

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the support. You have been helpful. As matter of fact it was the OTTER box I found that worked and obviously has specific characteristics and design around the lens that were clearly designed for this very problem!!! Background: have been quite a blackberry geek for many years but new now to this one product. Never experience such rudeness in any other forum. :/ Anyways warning to others, the case I was using is by Incipio. Thanks again!

Wonderful! Please forgive what you experienced in this thread ~ trust me. Our forum is very much about respect to others. Glad you found the case you wanted!

pannesi said:
Thank you for the support. You have been helpful. As matter of fact it was the OTTER box I found that worked and obviously has specific characteristics and design around the lens that were clearly designed for this very problem!!! Background: have been quite a blackberry geek for many years but new now to this one product. Never experience such rudeness in any other forum. :/ Anyways warning to others, the case I was using is by Incipio. Thanks again!

Yes I'm glad I could help! Thanks for posting the troublesome case as well. It could help someone in the future. :)!

Yes please ignore the rudeness. That particular member is no longer with us.
We like to promote friendliness and help. If you ever experience something like this again, please don't hesitate to report the post, or PM a mod like myself or SweetPoison!

I'm glad your issue was resolved. :D

Well I don't have the box for an exact name. But it is the 2 piece gel and hard case design. The opening for lends is not the big oval as shown on their website. It is an asymmetrical opening.

I see. I myself use a incipio case and i found it to be very good. The only thing is its not very face screen shield friendly

What shape is the opening around the camera lens ? iPhone 4 or 4s? try flash photo with and without. Just curious. Thanks

I bought a pink incipio matte case. I love it! I've dropped my phone a few times with it on and it's still perfect! Definitely recommend it. Protection without bulk!