What's new

Dropped my iphone

mikej798

Reaction score
Dropped on my iPhone today at work had a case on it but still managed to get about a 1.5 inch crack in back by led flash would apple exchange it if so how much or should I just go with a color swap service one because I wouldn't mind getting a different color. Just let me know first how much apple would cost if they would even exchange it thanks mike.

You would have to make an appointment at the genius bar in the apple store then once there they will tell you what they can do about it and the charges don't worry though apple are fantastic at customer satisfaction

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Ok do you have any idea roughly how much it might be just so I can budget for it?

thats why i picked up my 4s at a best buy...15 bucks a month, unlimited exchanges no matter what, with no deductible. Plus if they dont have one in stock they give you a loaner phone til you get your phone in the mail.

Golfingglen doesnt that void the warranty?

Keep the old back, if you have to send it in for warranty reason put that one back on. I didn't see anything by just replacing the back that would let them know you did that. All the things that would tell them you have been into the phone were deeper down in the phone (stickers).

Ok because I've always heard they can tell when you open up the phone I didn't know how far that went by opening up the phone though.

mikej798 said:
Ok because I've always heard they can tell when you open up the phone I didn't know how far that went by opening up the phone though.

You can replaced the back and the warranty is ok. I have a brushed aluminum back.

You can replaced the back and the warranty is ok. I have a brushed aluminum back.

Does that affect your reception? I wondered why they use glass for the back and one thought was to improve antenna reception.

No nothing to do with antenna the glass it's just the design the steel band around the phone is the antenna

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

If the phone is on warranty and you have apple care or any sort of insurance for the phone, then you take it back and let THEM do it. No reason to try to do by yourself and end up messing it up.

I didn't buy apple care stupid me:( but isn't the iPhone covered 1 year correct? I know it's a limited warranty but still and also should I just set up a appointment at the genius bar and see if they can do anything at all?

Go go go! Ask them!
If they don't do anything just follow the instructions for changing the back from the other guys!

thats why i picked up my 4s at a best buy...15 bucks a month, unlimited exchanges no matter what, with no deductible. Plus if they dont have one in stock they give you a loaner phone til you get your phone in the mail.

You only know how good their warranty is when you have to use it!