What's new

Fitbit App with Fitbit Zip & Flex

Skimonkey

Reaction score
Fitbit App

Hi everyone!

Since May 2013 I have had a chance to try out a Fitbit Zip and Flex. Both are electronic pedometers that count your steps, distance walked, calories burned and Sleep pattern (Flex). The Zip is worn in your pocket or on your belt. While the Flex is a wristband that you wear. Both are water resistant and the Flex can safely be used in the shower--though I haven't tried it with mine. What sets these gadgets apart from other exercise trackers is wonderful jam-packed App. With its Bluetooth Capabilities to its App, you can instantly record your stats in real time anytime, tweet your results or see where your rank position is among your buddies! The Fitbit is available and to sync with iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th Gen), iPad 3 and Retina, iPhone 4S and 5. It also syncs to several Samsung Galaxy phones and and Galaxy Note 10.1.

$image-4119594449.jpg

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitbit/id462638897?mt=8

Here's some of the features of the App...

$image-4241819870.jpg

This is the Dash Board that gives you the number of calories burned, number of steps taken and the total miles walked.

$image-3436358288.jpg

$image-1944032031.jpg

The Step window can be viewed in Portrait or Landscape mode to see specific day and steps walked

$image-3817920266.jpg

You can also add different activities to your a Fitbit App to ad your "active minutes."

I rode my stationary bike for 30 minutes which I entered and it automatically calculated the calories burned.

$image-3904474864.jpg

You can log your weight.

$image-988987874.jpg

...and best yet, you can invite friends to compete with t keep you on track!

The "More" area of the App had a lot of useful sections...

$image-1300851117.jpg

Log your meals...

$image-1822145522.jpg

Log your water intake...

$image-3512522509.jpg

Log your sleep. This is found either on the Fitbit One and Flex at time of this thread.

$image-1384924203.jpg

If you own a Flex Wristband or a One, you can set the alarm.

Overall, this is a jam-packed app which has tons of useful features to keep you on track and staying fit. It has been one of my daily "go to" apps to sync my Zip and check in with my buddies. :). The app was easy to learn. Syncing took just a minute.

On the website, you can add your heart rate, glucose and blood pressure readings. This is great for all us not just for people with Cardiac or Diabetic Conditions.

If your are interested in the "unboxing"...here's a few pics:

$image-1593729427.jpg

$image-2949949086.jpg

Hope you all enjoy walking as much as I do! :)

Skimonkey ~ ipadforum Moderator | iPhoneforum Moderator

I love walking, I don't even own a motor vehicle. I like the look of the flex, and the app looks rather nice. I'm going to have to check out these devices. Thank you!

I love walking, I don't even own a motor vehicle. I like the look of the flex, and the app looks rather nice. I'm going to have to check out these devices. Thank you!

You're welcome Ard--you are in very nice region of the country where walking paths are abundant. Here, we have our parks and our trails, but you have to drive there to start.

I received my 1000 mile Badge about a month ago and am Very pleased with that! Now working on my next 1,000 miles! :)