What's new

New Germin app for iPhone fitness lovers

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
garmin-iphone-app.png

Up until now, Garmin has been known mostly for its GPS devices but recently the company has been trying to pierce through the fitness world. They already provide a handful of watches and adapters for use with fitness devices or heart monitors but now the company has announced its new Garmin Fit iPhone fitness app, along side a new ANT+fitness accessory.

This $0.99 download from the App Store will track your walking, running or cycling. You can also synchronize your data with Germin Connect – an online portal where you can check your progress and even share it with friends The program, which is available for both the iPhone and Android phones, can be used by runners and bikers to track speed, pace, distance time and calories burned.

If you visit the Garmin website you can also find out about the Garmin Ant+ Adapter for iPhone. With this accessory and the app combined you will be able to see data from your Garmin fitness sensors. The adaptor enables you to keep a watchful eye on your heart rate monitor, and receive valuable cycling data with a speed/cadence sensor. The ANT+30-pin dock adaptor costs $49.99 USD.

The new wireless adapter works on the ANT+ wireless standard, which was created to transmit health information between multiple devices.
All in all, for only $0,99 you can download the Garmin Fit app that will ease your way to fitness success. You can decide later if all the other accessories would be useful to you.

Source: Mobile Apps (for Android, iPhone & Windows Phone) » Garmin

That is something I am totally into! Thank you so much for the heads up. This morning was my first run without my cardiotracker app on my old Thunderbolt, and I was missing it terribly.
I think this may be exactly what I'm looking for!!