What's new

First day Impressions with the V.iphone4

techdad2

Reaction score
Installation process with itunes and verizon about 20 mins total since I'am already a verizon customer and had a itunes account prior to getting the iphone4. I sycn the iphone on my mac and now share apps, music, videos with my ipad at will.

Having dumped my erris(droid) I can now make voice calls again. I had to manually add my contacts since the erris did not have backup assistance but, I'am sure their are easier ways to do this. Sending and receving calls with good clearity much better than the previous phone. My overall impression just after a day of use is" I'am glad I made the switch" and looking forward to learning all I can do with this phone.

Did ya try to death grip it? I know a lot of people are curious if they fixed the antenna issues.

Yes, please try the death grip!!!! This is what I have been wanting to hear about!
Good luck with the phone, I am ordering it tomorrow morning early!

Yep, I tried the Death Grip!!.....no problem with signal loss on my end , so far so Good!!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this phone!!! The most smooth operating phone I have ever owned and I've owned all the latest and greatest phones out there!

Activation was a breeze and took about 1 min..
Synced my iTunes, Contacts, Calendars, Music, Apps, etc quickly..

Oh yeh and it makes crystal clear calls too, imagine that!! Buh bye Android!

I bet it still happens when you do it with the phone in landscape. Which is actually fine anyway. Too much was made about it in the first place.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this phone!!! The most smooth operating phone I have ever owned and I've owned all the latest and greatest phones out there!

Activation was a breeze and took about 1 min..
Synced my iTunes, Contacts, Calendars, Music, Apps, etc quickly..

Oh yeh and it makes crystal clear calls too, imagine that!! Buh bye Android!

Get out! I'm in.....can't wait! I have the Evo and its so-so. I wonder if I order online in the morning if I can get it delivered by Friday! Hell, I would pay for overnight shipping at this point! How is visual voicemail, I know on the Evo it is very tinny sounding and low volume!

Get out! I'm in.....can't wait! I have the Evo and its so-so. I wonder if I order online in the morning if I can get it delivered by Friday! Hell, I would pay for overnight shipping at this point! How is visual voicemail, I know on the Evo it is very tinny sounding and low volume!

You won't regret your purchase! I actually haven't tried the visual voicemail feature yet, I've been so busy with everything else, couldn't put the thing down yesterday, FaceTime and Skype are pretty darn fun on this phone!

Scrolling through contacts is so smooth..
Having an "all inboxes" option for email is nice my Droid Eris didn't have that option, I love seeing all my email for my several accounts all in 1 place with the option of clicking on just 1 email acct also.
Apps are of course UN-limited..
The screen is amazing..
Facebook and Twitter update immediately upon clicking the app..flawless!

Ahhhh..the list goes on!! A M A Z I N G!! :)

Oh man! This IS worse than Christmas, at least then I know when I am getting a new toy!!!!

You won't regret your purchase! I actually haven't tried the visual voicemail feature yet, I've been so busy with everything else, couldn't put the thing down yesterday, FaceTime and Skype are pretty darn fun on this phone!

Scrolling through contacts is so smooth..
Having an "all inboxes" option for email is nice my Droid Eris didn't have that option, I love seeing all my email for my several accounts all in 1 place with the option of clicking on just 1 email acct also.
Apps are of course UN-limited..
The screen is amazing..
Facebook and Twitter update immediately upon clicking the app..flawless!

Ahhhh..the list goes on!! A M A Z I N G!! :)

I don't know about other phones. All-in-boxes is key! I actually don't check email often on the computer anymore. Not only can I see all my emails on one page but you don't have to worry too much about getting viruses and stuff.

Tried the camera plus a short video...Not too shabby!!! (IT'S REAL NICE), you won't be disappointed. Haven't had the oportuninty to do a facetime yet or skype. I put the death grip on it but no loss calls as well. Goodby Droid erris!!!

skype is very nice have done it twice over 3g and haven't had a problem

Love this phone

skype is very nice have done it twice over 3g and haven't had a problem

Love this phone

Nice! Ordering the phone tomorrow morning..hope I get it by Friday. Leaving for Vegas on Sunday and we have Skype, the kids would love it if I could Skype them via the iphone during my trip......keeping fingers crossed! :)

I can 100% verify that the death grip DOES exist on my phone. I get 3 bars in my house, and when I grip it at the bottom, within 10-15 seconds it drops to 1 bar. As soon as I release from that spot, within 3-5 seconds it goes back up to 3 bars. I figured it was a fluke, but I am able to duplicate this over and over.
Granted, it does not go to "no service" (thank god), and I have not tested it yet while on a call, but the antenna is definitely affected by the placement of my hand.

update: I realized that the bars only drop when I grab and surround the whole bottom of the phone with my hand. When holding it naturally like when making a call, the bars remain at 3 or 4. So in normal use, it should not be a problem. *Whew*

Last edited:
Did ya try to death grip it? I know a lot of people are curious if they fixed the antenna issues.

I've been holding mine in various ways trying to get a death grip on this iphone. . .and I can't get it to drop signal by holding it with my left or right hand. So I think it's fixed for this version of the iphone. :)