What's new

Verizon & Apple, call me disappointed!

Audioi

Reaction score
I received my Verizon iphone on Monday as a early order. Out of the box it acts just like my ipad which links well with my three apple computers.
I did notice that in my office it continually drops calls that my Droid never did but someone said to by a shield and it should cure the defect?
There are also some cool features missing that I had previously on my Droid like an actual picture of the person in contacts or while texting, plus the address book really stinks but I figured I would get past it until today when I tried to setup the wy-fi hotspot so I could connect to my laptop/ipad.
I contacted Verizon as it said I needed to do and they informed me that 2gb per month is an additional $20. The $20 was never mentioned while they were promoting or I would have not ordered. So I figured I would just tether for free as I did on my Droid but again I was disappointed.
Now it looks like I will be paying the $35 restocking per phone and send them all back.
I have 14 days to decide and I really like Apple & Verizon but I'am not this stupid.
What a bummer!

Don't understand your dropped calls.

But you absolutely can add photos to your contacts many ways. I choose to drag and drop photos into my contacts program directly on my MacBook Pro, you can resize, etc

I also don't understand how you missed the part about the hotspot feature costing an additional $20 a month, it's been splashed all over the internet. I ordered my phone on Verizon's website and had to choose or not choose that feature before completing my order, I'm sure Apples website was the same.

My Android had nothing on the iPhone 4, I don't miss a thing.

I can understand your frustration, the iPhone is not for everyone but, you currently have the iPad. Why would you think the iPhone OS would behave different? If tethering to the laptop is a deal breaker for you, by all means, switch back to android but, the hotspot feature is NOT free with android either.....Unless you ROOT!

edit: you could jailbreak your iphone and get picture in the text messages and wifi tethering (at a cost $) if you don't want to get rid of you iPhone.

Last edited:
I realize you can manually add photos but the Droid did all 368 automatically.

The added $20 was for driving directions on the order form, didn't see anything for tether/hotspot?

Dont get me wrong, the quality is superb but this seems more guarded (Big Brother) by Apple than the Android did and I planned on using the connection to my ipad on the travel.

consider it a trade off of sorts i guess. I can only get my facebook pictures to automatically sync to my iPhone. Others I already had pictures saved in gmail and it carried them over. sounds like the wifi tether is the most tangible issue for you though. Like I stated, you could jailbreak and get miwi from cydia (20$) or go back to android and root and get wireless tether (0$). Its all about your preferences.

Yes the wi-fi is the only real deal breaker. Problem is we ordered three (one for the boss) and the boss wanted the hot spot.
I am hoping he caves

I realize you can manually add photos but the Droid did all 368 automatically.

I'm not so sure about that "automatically part", I owned an Android, I had to manually install photos into my Google account first and then yes it automatically synced them, over the air. So either phone, you have to at least one time, manually pick the photo you would like to associate with the contact, sync and done.

As someone else said, you could automatically sync photos with FaceBook also. I believe FaceBook is the ONLY case where any phone would "automatically" sync photos with contacts.

big.daddy said:
I can understand your frustration, the iPhone is not for everyone but, you currently have the iPad. Why would you think the iPhone OS would behave different? If tethering to the laptop is a deal breaker for you, by all means, switch back to android but, the hotspot feature is NOT free with android either.....Unless you ROOT!

edit: you could jailbreak your iphone and get picture in the text messages and wifi tethering (at a cost $) if you don't want to get rid of you iPhone.

Actually there are two different tether apps that are free you can use to tether on android. Just an fyi ;)