What's new

Walked into a 4g wireless store....

cmantelope

Reaction score
HI Folks,

Ordered iphone 4s through a "Verizon 4g Wireless Premium Retailer"....having no idea this is not a Verizon Corporate store - what part of that store front indicates it is not a true Verizon store??

Anyhow, originally told it would take two days to get a 64 gig black iphone 4s...ok - ordered the phone, even though, they couldn't see the additional 30.00 discount I can see when looking at my account online. - I didn't want to order online, because I knew I wouldn't be home when delivered, and thought it would be easier to pick up the phone from a store on my day off.

After the two business days, I was told it would actually be a total of ten days...ok, guess I can wait...

After the ten days, I was told that there is a manufacturing delay at Apple on the 64 gig specifically, and they had no possible way of telling when it would be shipped, and there was no possible way of cancelling my order (100.00 deposit, and showing my contract as pending) until the phone actually comes in! - unacceptable

I called Verizon online cs number.......within two hours, they were able to cancel my order with that store, call the store and tell them to refund my deposit (which they did!) and ship the 64G to me with free overnight shipping!! I will be enjoying my phone tomorrow, with my 30.00 discount

Have to say that Verizon CS was outstanding, and really went the extra mile to remedy the situation. All of my future Verizon transactions will be over the phone!

most of them will say "authorized retailer" but not all do and this is how some trick customers in thinking that.

if you need a corporate store you can always goto VZW.com and search for a store.

and yes ill second that Verizon customer service is absolutely stellar.

Last edited:
Geez. I had the exact opposite experience. I ordered online and paid an extra $12.99 to have it shipped within 2 days. Well, 2 days later, no phone. I called customer service and evidently the first rep forgot to push the order through...but this rep could fix. However, it would take 24-48 hours to clear the system. Long story short, this happened every two days for over a week. I went through 5 reps, all never letting me speak to a manager because "they" could solve my issue. I also went to two local stores and they were unable to get any farther. It was only until I went to Verizon Executive (a local reseller) that they broke through the customer service wall. Last weekend I finally got my iphone. It did take an additional day to get in stock but not bad considering what Verizon was putting me through. Boy we were really close to jumping carriers. I'm still unable to fathom how a "technology" company's standard line is "well sir, it will take 48 hours to clear the system". Where are they sending it to "clear", the International Space Station? Very unacceptable. I am so glad for the local reseller. I will give them my business every two years.