What's new

IPhone available ONLY at CORPORATE Verizon stores Feb. 10th?

sw62162

Reaction score
I have heard that (for non-Verizon customers) only Verizon owned and operated stores will be able to sell the Iphone starting Feb. 10th and that other Authorized Retailers will NOT have any Iphones until at least March 1st. Even then I have heard that the phone would have to be direct ordered and then sent to your home or to the store you order it from.

Where I live there are two Corporate Stores and about 15 Authorized Retailers in a 20 mile radius. Wonder what it will be like for all the stores come Feb. 10th when they have to tell the masses that they do not have the Iphone yet?

Honestly,

I really don't see masses of people lining up for the phone, maybe at some stores but not nationwide. People are still under contract on ATT in which I'm sure next years iphone everything will change with massive lines. I just don't want to deal with waking up early/camping outside in the bitter cold just to get a phone that can be sent to my house by the time I wake up anyway.

I have a ton of verizon stores and even kiosks around my house and I figured that they wouldn't be able to sell the iphone

You can just call customer service on the 10th and they'll mail you one the next day. In fact, the last customer service rep I talked to on the phone was very helpful. She even told me that I should call them for whatever I need, and that there is never a reason for me to even step foot into a store.

The representative that I spoke to this morning told me the opposite. First, a little background on my situation. On my account it shows that I am not eligible for an upgrade until 2/10, so I called to find out if I could pre-order the phone on the 3rd or would I have to wait until the 10th. I was told that I would have to wait until the 10th.

I asked to speak to a supervisor to see if I could become eligible for the pre-order since I would not have the phone until the 10th anyway. He said there was nothing he could do (which is fine, with me I am not one to get upset when a company is following their own policy). When I mention that I would probably just order the phone online on the morning of the 10th or call in and order the phone through the rep, he said they would not have any available for order. They are going to take pre-orders until they have exhausted their supply and then they are going to start a waiting list with the next order of phones that are not expected until late February or early March.

So I guess I will be standing in line at the Apple Store near my home on the morning of the 10th. Lucky for me I work overnights so I can go get in line straight from work. Also I live in Arizona and the apple store is inside the mall so I will not have to worry about being cold.

I will say, I wouldn't discount the popularity of this phone. I have a funny feeling Verizon may have gotten a "smaller" initial batch, smaller being a relative term, and that they will go quickly. Just my gut feeling. If you can be in line on the 10th, at the front, I think you will pull it off. Look for stores that will carry them in lesser populated areas or with older populations. Not being mean, I think you see where I'm going with this. Less trendy areas where people are going to be less inclined to get the phone.