What's new

Fire/Ems/PD/Security??????

I use mine somewhat.

Epocrates and some other drug apps. Pocket informant lite for my schedule. And have emailed myself all the protocols for my region so I can reference them if I need them.

I left my BB behind for the iPhone 4. I use this jewel for just about everything..

To send and retrieve work emails using Lotus Traveller. I store PDFs in IBooks. Makes it easy to retrieve and review and send certain DOCS to customers. I use FEDEX app to track shipments. AMEX app to review charges and pay bill. EZDigits calculator app to ck numbers. This app has a nice feature that allows you to send info to yourself for future reference or others if need be. Units app to convert various weights and sizes. Google app to search for MSDS or product info using bar codes. Skype app for Face to Face conversations with clients on their PC. Or just verbal if they prefer. Comes in handy when trying to describe item or issue with people across town or across country.

There are tons of ways you can use your iPhone in the emergency, safety or security fields. Tons.

Usually I keep my phone in my Ballistic case. Protects against accidental drops. But if I expect to be in bad area or where weather might get to my phone I put it in my Otterbox.

Last edited:
I mainly use ePocrates if I come across an unfamiliar med at work. The only other app I really use is the stock Maps app in case our unit doesn't have a GPS unit (I hate the off-brand map books they give us, I'd ultimately rather use a Hagstom map...)

A multitude of games and Netflix gets used in the down-time too ;)

As a Gunsmith for an agency, I use the ballistic programs that are out there, camera and video to capture information. I have heard that "Mobile me" is great for live tracking"...

I run a small one man band, install cameras, alarms PABX networks.
I use a free app called iquote for estimating on the run.

I can email the quote over in seconds after they agree in principle.

Docstogo and evernote real good apps IMHO

CP