What's new

Feed Me Oil is Chillingo’s Latest Smash Hit

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6qhbZkMA0Q&feature=player_profilepage]YouTube - Chillingo Presents...Feed Me Oil[/ame]​

Looks like Chillingo has another massive hit on its hands following on from the likes of Cut the Rope and Angry Birds, with its latest game, Feed Me Oil, topping the Paid iPhone Apps chart currently in the U.K. The game, which was developed by HolyWaterGames, was chosen as Apple’s iPhone game of the Week in the App Store, and has risen to the top of the charts in the U.S., Luxembourg, New Zealand and Australia, as well as the U.K.

Feed Me Oil invites gamers to a weird and wonderful place where the land is literally alive, and starving hungry! Players must get the oil from the broken pipes to the mouths of strange, beautifully rendered creatures, using all manner of creative tools as well as their intuition to solve the carefully designed puzzles.

“HolyWaterGames is an exceptionally talented developer with strong design, art, sound engineering and coding expertise," explains Joe Wee, Co-General Manager, Chillingo. "They created an amazing puzzle game with excellent physics mechanics; we knew from the very start that Feed Me Oil was going to be something very special.”

“Over the past months, we worked closely with HolyWaterGames to make Feed Me Oil even more accessible to gamers of all types by carefully examining every aspect about the game from theme, controls and level structure to tutorials, hint systems and music – all of which combine to create a truly fun and unique experience,” adds Chris Byatte, Co-General Manager, Chillingo. “We’re proud to see it achieve this milestone within five days of its debut on the Apple App Store.”

Click here to download the iPhone/iPod touch game for $0.99/£0.59: Feed Me Oil for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Click here to download the iPad HD game for $1.99/£1.19: Feed Me Oil HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store

Source: Chillingo