What's new

Favorite Feature on the iPhone 4

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What feature are you most looking forward to on the iPhone 4? Screen quality, speed, battery life, new OS, front facing cam, 5mp cam, etc.. Let us know!

I think I'm more excited about the OS then anything else.. Can't wait to try something new.

I guess the new OS since it lets you do so much more with the phone. But the HD video recording and the ability to edit the video in the phone is going to be interesting. And I'm thinking there are going to be people somewhere making short films exclusively on the new iPhone 4 just because they can.

The OS for me too, can't wait for folders and multitasking. The new screen will be great though.

The iPhone 4 isnt too big of an upgrade for me, iOS4 wise. Ive had folders on my 3GS as well as multitasking.

The hardware IS the upgrade that I care about.

I think I'm most excited about the extra antennae -- seeing if it fixes the disconnects, speed issues, etc.

Wouldn't that be something if it was a design flaw of the iPhone 3G/3GS causing most of the drop calls, etc and not AT&T's network..

I think I'm most excited about the extra antennae -- seeing if it fixes the disconnects, speed issues, etc.

What feature are you most looking forward to on the iPhone 4? Screen quality, speed, battery life, new OS, front facing cam, 5mp cam, etc.. Let us know!

I think I'm more excited about the OS then anything else.. Can't wait to try something new.

Yep the new OS, is the key point for me too .. but i admit change my plastic 3G/3Gs also attract me a lot especially for the screen and the new possible use we will got with the front camera

Can't really say the new iOS4 is doing it for me. Only certain things can run in the background, and then the developers all have to update it before it works, so it's not exactly multitasking. I'm not a hater, I love Apple, just think some will be sorely disappointed at launch with the # of multitasking apps available.

I'm pumped with the HD Video Recording. We have a small Aiptek HD Video Camcorder that is pretty much obsolete due to our phone! How crazy is that?

Can't really say the new iOS4 is doing it for me. Only certain things can run in the background, and then the developers all have to update it before it works, so it's not exactly multitasking. I'm not a hater, I love Apple, just think some will be sorely disappointed at launch with the # of multitasking apps available.

I'm pumped with the HD Video Recording. We have a small Aiptek HD Video Camcorder that is pretty much obsolete due to our phone! How crazy is that?

I know right, crazy. i dont even need a digital camera now because of this phone i will get on the 24th i was going to get a 14mp one but not going to bother now. i think one of the first things i will do is try out the camera video and imovie

really looking forward to multitasking, facetime, better camera and folders^^
anyone who knows when the second release will be? they only said "sometime in july"....

I would go with the iOS4 too...HD Video and Camera. Other than that, when a number is dialed someone will answer on the other end, just like my 3GS...with the exception of the face to face :) thats cool too

I will keep it simple and say all of the above.

PLUS IT'S SHINY AND NEW LOL

I too have been using iOS4 on the 3GS for most of the beta and now GM release. The Multitasking will be nice once most of the common apps like Pandora are updated to take advantage of the true multitasking API's.

The retina display is key for me as well as the HD recording, I can say the camera is much faster now at snapping and focusing shots than the 3GS even was, which is nice. I only wished the shutter button was not based near the bottom of the camera app, its cumbersome to hold with one hand and still touch that almost unreachable button at times. They should make it so that a tap tap on the screen or tap and hold to take a snapshot and single tap is to focus.

The zoom is also nice, but being a digital zoom, it will tend to pixelate any shot you have that would otherwise be crisp and sharp with native focus. But I still can't get over the speed difference, I have missed so many shots in the past with the older OS, fumbling about waiting for the iris/shutter to open in the app.

There are plenty of other new items not talked about in the Keynote, like when sending photos being able to reduce at that time by compressing for smaller file size etc.

The new Jawbone headset works great when paired between two iPhones and can simultaneously allow audio feed from one of the phones while still being tethered to both phones for receiving or making calls.

The tethering, not sure a whole lot of people are going to take advantage of this, but it will be perfect for those who were thinking of carrying another MiFi device, now the iPhone can be both a mobile device and MiFi for new iPad WiFi users for example.

So Many things I've run across using iOS4 on the 3GS in daily operations, that I tend to forget just how resourceful Apple was in implementing them, they are very key yet seamlessly integrate into the OS to the point you forget they are now there.

I can't wait to play with my new Digital Assistant, My personal iPhone4

I am jealous however that my shiny new iPad doesn't have this Retina display, but soon enough I'm sure.