What's new

Faulty Home Button

Ra1nMaKeR

Reaction score
So my iPhone 4's home button does not work all the time. I've tried all the little software tricks but they have not helped. Any way to fix this hardware wise? I'm OUT of warranty BTW.

Edit: Haven't used it for a few days (been using assistive touch) and it seems better. Only once it didn't respond.

Last edited:
Have you tried resetting the home button? Hold the sleep/wake button until you see slide to power off (release)Next hold the home button until it goes back to the main screen.

Well if you tried everything and you dont like the assistive touch then open up the phone and replace the home button.

So my iPhone 4's home button does not work all the time. I've tried all the little software tricks but they have not helped. Any way to fix this hardware wise? I'm OUT of warranty BTW.

Edit: Haven't used it for a few days (been using assistive touch) and it seems better. Only once it didn't respond.

Just so I get it right, are you writing about an iPhone 4, or the 4S? Your question grammatically says it's a 4, but the assistive touch sounds like a 4S.

BTW, many Home buttons for many users are quirky on the iP4 -- just something which has no definitive solution.

Just so I get it right, are you writing about an iPhone 4, or the 4S? Your question grammatically says it's a 4, but the assistive touch sounds like a 4S.

BTW, many Home buttons for many users are quirky on the iP4 -- just something which has no definitive solution.

Assistive touch is not just for the 4s its an IOS5 function.