What's new

fast draining battery

Here are some shots of mine l still have not charged it as you can see.
IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

One small thing comes to mind.
In Display & Brightness > Auto-Lock
What have you got that set for?????

Reactions: 933
what do you mean " in a band " sorry i am from belgium

In between roughly 50% charge and 80% charge. So above around 80% it doesn't get hot using or charging and the battery goes down slowly while using.

As soon as it gets to roughly 80% and going down (using the battery) it starts getting very noticeably warm and the battery will drain very fast. Once it drops to around 50% it is like a switch, it becomes cool again and the battery stops draining super fast and everything is normal.

When charging, below 50% it is normal and cool. When it gets around 50% it will start to get very warm and it charges much slower. Once it gets to around 80% the phone cools off again and it charges at the normal (faster) speed all the way to 100%.

In between roughly 50% charge and 80% charge. So above around 80% it doesn't get hot using or charging and the battery goes down slowly while using.

As soon as it gets to roughly 80% and going down (using the battery) it starts getting very noticeably warm and the battery will drain very fast. Once it drops to around 50% it is like a switch, it becomes cool again and the battery stops draining super fast and everything is normal.

When charging, below 50% it is normal and cool. When it gets around 50% it will start to get very warm and it charges much slower. Once it gets to around 80% the phone cools off again and it charges at the normal (faster) speed all the way to 100%.
It sounds like you have either a defective battery or a defective charging circuit in the iPhone.

It sounds like you have either a defective battery or a defective charging circuit in the iPhone.

You've got to be correct, most likely the charging/sensing circuit a little wonky. As it first happened after the warranty ended and hasn't gotten notability worse since I've learned to live with it. Other than the one issue the 5S is great.

You've got to be correct, most likely the charging/sensing circuit a little wonky. As it first happened after the warranty ended and hasn't gotten notability worse since I've learned to live with it. Other than the one issue the 5S is great.
Even though the warranty has expired, a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store is still free and a diagnostic would tell you exactly what's wrong with your iPhone.

Thanks!! I may take it down when I go to the Apple Store in October. I'm hoping to play with an X demo before the pre order. Not to make up my mind, just so I can prepare myself for my fantastic new toy, (er working device, yeah that's what it is[emoji41]).