What's new

Fancy a $11,000 Gold Case for Your iPhone 5?

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
11494-haven-gold-phone-case.JPG
[FONT=&amp]
The iPhone 5 is already an impressive looking phone, but if you fancy making it even fancier, then why not check out the Haven iPhone 5 case from Brikk, as featured on iDownload Blog. The bottom-of-the range case will set you back a mere $11,610, and the top-of-the range model costs a cool $14,235, or even higher, if you want to go crazy with customisations. There are four different versions of the case: Yellow Gold, Pink Gold, Yellow Gold Satin, and Platinum. The gold version is clad in 75g of gold, and the high-end model is made of 100g of platinum. And if that is still a little too on the understated for you, Brikk can also sell you a case embedded with real diamonds. But it’s not all about the looks either, as this case is built to be tough and strong (as it should be, for that price!), being composed of pure titanium, milled from just one slab, and also has a special shock absorb system. All very flash indeed, but as iDownload Blog notes, it is also for a good cause, with some of the money earned from sales of the phone going towards a charity that aims to feed starving children in Africa. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source:[/FONT] This is what an $11,000 iPhone 5 case looks like
Precision luxury products handmade in Los Angeles by BrikkUSA

Let's see, price of gold = ~$34/gram. The case is 75g of gold. That amounts to $2,550 scrap price. That means you are paying $9,360 just for them to form the gold into the shape of an iPhone case....

No thanks, I think I'll stick to gold bars.

10 grand labor charge. Seems legit LOL. 11 grand for a case, it better be edible platinum that makes my pants droop even with a belt when the phone's in my pocket.