What's new

Facetime with ipod 4

simonye28

Reaction score
I have an iphone4 myself but im just wondering if i can facetime with my friend who has an ipod 4?? if yes; how?

thanks ;)

This video does a good job of explaining how it can be done. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2uqG_EWxWs]YouTube - How To FaceTime (iPhone 4 to iPod Touch) Tutorial[/ame]

I have both iPhone 4 and iPod 4. The FaceTime works of your email on the iPod. Set up FaceTime on the iPod then add the email address to your contacts on the phone...

@gaz6076: just curious why you would have the ipod touch as well as the iphone 4. I personally didn't even know what an ipod touch was until 40min ago until I read up on it, but it seems the IP4 is has everything the touch has as well as being a phone. Did you have the touch first maybe?

I've had iPhones for over 3 years. Just got the touch at christmas.

Strictly speaking the touch is for my wife and daughter. I got them it as both were constantly on my phone playing their games and on the web.

Your right though the iPod touch is the same as the iPhone except the phone part...

Your right though the iPod touch is the same as the iPhone except the phone part...

Well, ALMOST the same (assuming we are talking iPhone 4 vs. iPod Touch 4G)

The iPhone has twice as much system RAM, 512MB vs. 256MB on the Touch.

The iPhone 4 also uses a super IPS display, which is superior in quality to the standard LCD used in the Touch (both share the same resoultion, but IPS is a superior LCD technology and is more expensive to build)