What's new

Facetime with docking station

Sang

Reaction score
Hi all,

I try a few search on this topic but was not able to find any result .. "Docking station facetime"

Problem: grandma with hearing problem, therefore, I would like to setup an iPod with speaker docking station as the volume on the iPod is too low. This setup is just for facetime app.

I'm just not sure if the speaker on the docking station would cause interference with the iPod. If anyone have experience with using facetime app with any docking station that have speaker volume control and charging capability for the iPod would be greatly appreciated.

Docking station ( small in size like these below would be great ):
Philips Fidelio DS3000
JBL On Stage IIIP

Thanks

Hi all,

I try a few search on this topic but was not able to find any result .. "Docking station facetime"

Problem: grandma with hearing problem, therefore, I would like to setup an iPod with speaker docking station as the volume on the iPod is too low. This setup is just for facetime app.

I'm just not sure if the speaker on the docking station would cause interference with the iPod. If anyone have experience with using facetime app with any docking station that have speaker volume control and charging capability for the iPod would be greatly appreciated.

Docking station ( small in size like these below would be great ):
Philips Fidelio DS3000
JBL On Stage IIIP

Thanks

I'll go and try it with mine right now and let you know. 2 ticks.

iHolophyte

Yes it works. I have the Sony dream station dock and it turns the volume up to a loud setting which would be good for someone whose hard of hearing. Although wouldn't headphones be just as good?

The person on the other end got a slight bit of feedback, pretty similar to handsfree car kits (slight echo) but other than that it works a treat.

iHolophyte

Thank you for your quick testing and feedback.

She have a hearing aid. Headphone does not work because she would have to wear it to hear the incoming call.

I was about to pull the trigger on this one... JBL On Beat Loudspeaker Dock for iPad, iPod and iPhone. I will look into the Sony dream dock.

Thanks

Thank you for your quick testing and feedback.

She have a hearing aid. Headphone does not work because she would have to wear it to hear the incoming call.

I was about to pull the trigger on this one... JBL On Beat Loudspeaker Dock for iPad, iPod and iPhone. I will look into the Sony dream dock.

Thanks

No problem. Happy to help.

I think any docking station will be pretty much the same regarding loudness though. I also have a Sony iPhone station but can't remember the name and can't be bothered walking upstairs (laughs out loud) but I tried that too and they were both pretty much the same in loudness. .... Hang on I'll get the name of that too. RDP-M5iP it is which was cheaper than the dream dock

Here's a link
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0053C24IQ

The dream dock is more expensive and has a clock attached but for your gran I think the RDP might be just as good.

Here's the dream dock link too

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002OB4BK8

I've done everything now other than buy you it ha ha

😄

iHolophyte

Last edited:
I tried the second link and it point to ..."Sony ICFCS10iP" The US amazon carry ICFCS15iP.

I'm sure anything will sound better than the speaker on the iPod. I was just worry about speaker from the docking station and Mic on the iPod interfere with each other.
Thank you for your confirmation that they work with each other.

I tried the second link and it point to ..."Sony ICFCS10iP" The US amazon carry ICFCS15iP.

I'm sure anything will sound better than the speaker on the iPod. I was just worry about speaker from the docking station and Mic on the iPod interfere with each other.
Thank you for your confirmation that they work with each other.

Rest assured that there is no interference between iPod and dock 😄

iHolophyte

Another thing that works is a standard aux lead plugged into a stereo or hifi