What's new

Facetime problem

hana_girl88

Reaction score
Im using iphone4 and Why i cant facetime using 3G line?it says must be connected to wifi...

you cant facetime on a 3g connection, if you jailbreak and use an app like 3g un restrictor then it works on 3g

i have purchased new iPhone (factory unlock) i want upload cydia software where should i get i am new to iphone

irfan said:
i have purchased new iPhone (factory unlock) i want upload cydia software where should i get i am new to iphone

Hi, u have to jailbreak your phone

Or you can just get the app Tango from the app store it's free you can FaceTime through 3G and the quality is great..

Thats the way they just decided to make it. lol. probably because of the prices of 3g

norie said:
How can I put FaceTime here on my iPhone5

The iPhone 5 hasn't been released yet. The iPhone 4 has FaceTime programmed in the OS. All you need to do is make sure FaceTime is set on by navigating through settings-> phone-> then you see the option to turn FaceTime on or off. Just switch in on and that's it! Hope this helps :D!!

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

I checked the settings> phone... There is no FaceTime there :(

norie said:

There should be a on off switch there. After that go into your contacts and tap on any name and you should see a FaceTime button on the bottom right.

*Face only works with another iPhone 4. It also requires wifi unless jailbroken

Last edited:

Go to settings> general> about and read out the serial version of your iPhone. However, whatever version is in your iPhone 4, the face time option should be there, unless your iPhone is originally from some Arabic countries, Arabic countries put limitation on the iPhone regarding face time, just like what China remove YouTube iTunes and Map apps from the iPhone 4.