What's new

Extra year of apple care for free?

TheWirelessCartel

Reaction score
So let's say for instance that my iPhones home button isn't responsive anymore and its the last day of my free one year warranty through apple. What is to stop me from getting my phone swapped out under warranty and receiving another 90 days of warranty on that device, then coming back within that extension of 90 days and getting another one? And then maybe do it again? From what I have read, apple will always give a 90 day warranty for any replacement device received in their stores. Wouldn't I be able to keep doing this every 90 days or so and technically get a full 2 years of free apple care? Or is there a maximum amount of replacements you can receive?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

I really don't know but I think you might be able to get away with it but you would have to be careful and probably not keep doing it on the last week of the 90 days like maybe do it once or twice on the 60th day

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

CrackMonkey91 said:
I really don't know but I think you might be able to get away with it but you would have to be careful and probably not keep doing it on the last week of the 90 days like maybe do it once or twice on the 60th day

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk

Well it's not even about getting away with it, I just think its a waste of money putting up $99 for an extra year of warranty. I mean in Europe apple now gives a mandatory 2 year apple care warranty for free. Why is the same product not covered for two years in the states? We might as well take advantage of this. But yea maybe go in like a week or two before the 90 days is up.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Your warranty won't restart with a replacement. We had 3 4s phones for my husband and that warranty is only good from the original start date. Or so they told us.

~iPhoneMommy~

Sent from my Black, 16GB, iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

IphoneMommy said:
Your warranty won't restart with a replacement. We had 3 4s phones for my husband and that warranty is only good from the original start date. Or so they told us.

~iPhoneMommy~

Last time I took a 4S for a warranty swap, I had a little over 30 days left on my warranty. They told me that the replacement device has a warranty of 90 days. If you replace the iPhone with more than 90 days remaining from your original purchase date , that original date will apply. It is whatever is longer. I've just been told by multiple people that every warranty replacement iPhone has its own 90 day warranty. Remember they are supplying us with refurbished iPhones. They have to have to carry their own warranty just incase.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Huh! Yeah I don't know why the rep would tell us that :(

~iPhoneMommy~