What's new

Will Apple know i have jailbroken & another ?

whitechokolate

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this has already been answered. I searched for it but couldn't find it.

I have a Verizon Iphone running 4.2.6
Here are my 2 questions

1. If I jailbreak, can apple find out (even if restored)?
2. is the warranty that gets "voided" by jailbreaking one year, or 90 days?
3. I have heard that if I jailbreak and then want to upgrade to a new software update, I will need to FIRST restore it and then upgrade and then jailbreak because if you don't restore first, you eternally lose space on your iphone hard drive. Is this true?

4. and how often to iphones actually get bricked? i plan on using greenpoison

I'm sorry if this has already been answered. I searched for it but couldn't find it.

Here are my 2 questions

3. I have heard that if I jailbreak and then want to upgrade to a new software update, I will need to FIRST restore it and then upgrade and then jailbreak because if you don't restore first, you eternally lose space on your iphone hard drive. Is this true?

1. No, apple will never be able to find out if you restore via itune it before go to them.
2. As far as you are going to restore it before go to apple for any issue you can reproduce on the phone with the restored version (not jailbreaked) your warranty will still be effective within the time range provided by the warranty.
3. It depend what u want to use to jailbreak your phone, actually there are a lot of tools to get it done, with snowbreez for exemple, you do not need to restore the phone, you just need to download the new firmware that u want to jailbreak to your computer. But with greenpoison yes, you will have to remove the actual jailbreak on your phone by restoring in it via itune with the new iOS that you are going to jailbreak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks so much!

so you highly recommend snowbreeze? i have never heard of it. only green poision. and what about my 4th question? How often do phones actually get bricked?

just realized i can't use snowbreez because I have a mac. how is pwnage tool?

just realized i can't use snowbreez because I have a mac. how is pwnage tool?

pwnage tool is good and yes, it's for mac. Sorry i forget to mention that snowbreez is for windows. Well i've never used pwnage to jailbreak as i do not have mac. But you can google for it to see how pwnage does the jailbreak, imo it's also reliable.

thanks so much!

so you highly recommend snowbreeze? i have never heard of it. only green poision. and what about my 4th question? How often do phones actually get bricked?

If you are on verizon, try to google and find out what others have been using to jailbreak their phone, because you should know that you will have to unlock your phone after jailbreaking it. Unless your phone is factory unlock, then you can use any tool you want to jailbreak your phone. """ Remeber to backup your phone on iTune on your computer, and also remeber to shsh with tinyumbrella your actual jailbreak incase you want to revert back one day."""

Here are my 2 questions

1. No, apple will never be able to find out if you restore via itune it before go to them.
2. As far as you are going to restore it before go to apple for any issue you can reproduce on the phone with the restored version (not jailbreaked) your warranty will still be effective within the time range provided by the warranty.
3. It depend what u want to use to jailbreak your phone, actually there are a lot of tools to get it done, with snowbreez for exemple, you do not need to restore the phone, you just need to download the new firmware that u want to jailbreak to your computer. But with greenpoison yes, you will have to remove the actual jailbreak on your phone by restoring in it via itune with the new iOS that you are going to jailbreak.

Agree with everything except the part in bold. If your jailbroken with greenpoision and an update comes out all you need to do is update. You will automatically loose the jailbreak.

As for bricking iPhones it can't be done since the original. In extreme cases it can be very tricky to get your phone working again if something does go wrong but there is always a way out...

Bricking is a real problem in the droid world. It can be undone there, but is sometimes difficult. I used Greenpois0n to jailbreak my Verizon iPhone and have loved every minute of customizing.

Bricking is a real problem in the droid world. It can be undone there, but is sometimes difficult. I used Greenpois0n to jailbreak my Verizon iPhone and have loved every minute of customizing.
My reservations with jailbreaking are I don't want to mess with what's not broken. In other words, I'm very happy with the reliability of my iPhone and fear that tweaks and mods via jailbreaking will compromise that. A la Android was for me in days past.

Thoughts?

My reservations with jailbreaking are I don't want to mess with what's not broken. In other words, I'm very happy with the reliability of my iPhone and fear that tweaks and mods via jailbreaking will compromise that. A la Android was for me in days past.

Thoughts?

You will be happier with your phone after jailbreaking it. And jailbreak won't compromise the reliability of your phone, unless a bad 3rd app is installed on your phone via cydia, and that's why it's advice to always read the review of apps despite how popular they are before installing them.

like he said, I have jailbroken 3 iphones for family members, and they love every minute of it, Especially mine ;)

thanks so much!

If you are on verizon, try to google and find out what others have been using to jailbreak their phone, because you should know that you will have to unlock your phone after jailbreaking it. Unless your phone is factory unlock, then you can use any tool you want to jailbreak your phone. """ Remeber to backup your phone on iTune on your computer, and also remeber to shsh with tinyumbrella your actual jailbreak incase you want to revert back one day."""

What do you mean I will "have to unlock your phone after jailbreaking it"?

thanks so much!

and also, when you say i should ssh with tinyumbrella incase i want to revert back one day...you mean revert back to a non-jailbroken phone? what does tinyumbrella do for that?