What's new

Explain car chargers to me please

PVYC

Reaction score
I just got a iphone 4s from Sprint and love it but want to buy a car charger for emergency use--I doubt I will use it more than once or twice a year at most.

Some chargers just say they work for iphone, but don't specify any models or don't say they work on all models.

Some say they work on the 4 but don't say whether or not they work on the 4s

Some say they work on the 4 but say that is won't work on the 4S

Can anyone explain why a charger would work on the 4 but not the 4S (or is this not correct)

I first looked on Amazon and eBay to get a cheapo $5 plug in but the reviews were very spotty on these so I will pass on the cheapest ones.

This is the one I am interested in (I prefer one that comes with the plugin transformer and the cable together)

PowerJolt SE for iPod and iPhone - Car charger for iPod and iPhone; black - Griffin Technology

Will this work on the 4S. When I do a sort on the griffin site to narrow down the model, it doesn't show up on the 4s search results page.

Thanks

all the chargers for the 4s +4 g iphones are all the same..they will work for both phones..i have a griffin charger and it will work spot on with it..

Last edited:
I just use my printer usb port on original lead, also i have a usb cigar socket adapter i plug the same lead into while driving.

Mine is the 4, bit see mo reason for the 4s to need more current, unlike the iPads of course :).

I have an iPhone 4 and am using the same car charger that I had when I had my 3G. I think they are compatible with all iPhones.

Griffin chargers are excellent.
I bought a cheap charger off ebay in a accessory package too, it worked for 2 months and died. Get. A griffin from walmart or another store

Mine is a wall\car charger, got at bestbuy,,, works well. Charge two devices at once as well.