What's new

Car charger For iPhone 4

liork

Reaction score
Hi,
I have iPhone 4.

I bought the car charger PowerJolt for iPad from Griffin website.

I know that this item full compatibility with my iPhone 4.
I am not sure if i do the Right choice because this item have 2-amps.

If i use this item with 2 amp it can damage to my iPhone and battery in the future?

Or change this item to PowerJolt for iPhone with 1 amp?

Thanks,
Lior

Hi,
I have iPhone 4.

I bought the car charger PowerJolt for iPad from Griffin website.

I know that this item full compatibility with my iPhone 4.
I am not sure if i do the Right choice because this item have 2-amps.

If i use this item with 2 amp it can damage to my iPhone and battery in the future?

Or change this item to PowerJolt for iPhone with 1 amp?

Thanks,
Lior

I don't think it will hurt it because it's the same voltage. But the iPad won't charge without the extra amperage.

So, what I need to do? To stay with what I bought or to change it?
I know that iPad need 2 amp and the iPhone 1 amp.

I just want to charge the iPhone safely.

So, what I need to do? To stay with what I bought or to change it?
I know that iPad need 2 amp and the iPhone 1 amp.

I just want to charge the iPhone safely.

Just plug it in. If it warns you it's not made for the iPhone then return it. It it charges fine....don't worry about it.

I think that i will change it to PowerJolt for iPhone with 1 amp.

Using the 2A version will have no negative impact on your phone or battery life, however I believe the iPhone is capped at 1A input anyway so there is no benefit to using more. So if you don't need the 2A version, and you don't mind swapping it, then go for the 1A on the grounds that it's cheaper!

Using the 2A version will have no negative impact on your phone or battery life, however I believe the iPhone is capped at 1A input anyway so there is no benefit to using more. So if you don't need the 2A version, and you don't mind swapping it, then go for the 1A on the grounds that it's cheaper!

Glad to hear that, The wife and I are about to get our VZW iPhones and looking for a good charger.

I just tried using the charger that my wife bought my son a while back for his iPod (I'm pretty sure he also uses it to charge his iPod touch); my iPhone 4 said "this accessory is not compatible for charging" or, something to that effect. However, the fuse it in it has a "2" on it. The charger is made by griffin. Obviously it won't work and I shouldn't use it again but...Wonder why it wouldn't work? It must be a two amp charger, I know the fuse that's in it is what came in it.

It'll be fine. Technology is really smart about filtering and determining dangerous charge settings and whatnot and the iPhone will notify you.