What's new

Exchange And user Privacy

Dscott7000

Reaction score
I'm interested in using the exchange mail through my company, but I'm concerned about giving them (the company) too much control. How much control would my company really have just by my setting up an exchange email account on my phone. Would they have access to personal pictures, personal account emails, etc? I've read they can wipe my phone. It doesn't seem like they should have that kind of access just by my setting up exchange??

If your company is having an admin who manage and control the company's sub accounts, why not? They will be able to access your account from the server with a default password they have, you won't be ale to help it i think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm asking does setting up exchange give a company admin rights to everything else on my phone? I could see them being able to delete my exchange account and I would expect that, but would they be able to see my pictures, etc??

Great thanks. Does it allow them access to wipe my phone?

yes
i installed it on the laptop i'm using now about a month ago, its terrible. it freezes all the time just browsing the internet. terrible, i'm just waiting to reinstall xp.

Unleashed said:
no... in order to have the ability to do that you would need to download find my iphone from the app store.

Ok. I just want to make sure IT admins don't have control over my phone other than turning off the exchange email account.

Unleashed said:
no... in order to have the ability to do that you would need to download find my iphone from the app store.

Ok. I just want to make sure IT admins don't have control over my phone other than turning off the exchange email account.

you are correct. they wont have access to shut your iphone off or anything like that

Unleashed said:

Of course they will not be able to have access to your phone other than the email account you share with them :) don't worry about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk