What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

@Evad3rs have updated and release Evasi0n 1.0.7 to address the Cydia-based issues that required that users re-run the jailbreak up to the "tap on the Evasi0n app" step.

Just updated to IOS 7.0.6 and re-jailbroke with Evasion 1.0.6. Is it necessary to re-jailbreak with 1.0.7?

No, you do not have to re-run the jail break tool (version 1.0.7) if you have no trouble seeing/loading packages in Cydia.

As a test for yourself if you jail broke using evasi0n7 version 1.0.6 - go to Cydia and search for the tweak "SSLPatch." If it shows up in the Search field, it means the package was successfully loaded when it got released/updated. Therefore, your jail break is fine and you don't have to re-do it.

This is just for the ones having issues while jail breaking.

Marilyn

Any suggestions for why my battery is dying so quick or any ways to improve battery life with cydia?

Any suggestions for why my battery is dying so quick or any ways to improve battery life with cydia?

Open up Cydia, go to Manage > Settings, and change your profile to Hacker/Developer. (You can change it back afterwards). Install AppInfo, MobileTerminal, and top.

Open up MobileTerminal, and run "top -u" without the quotes, and take a screen shot of what you see. Next run "top -o time" again without the quotes, take a screen shot again. Next run "q" without quotes again to close out top. If you don't run "q", top will continue to run in the background and drain your battery.

Next, open up AppInfo, and export all your packages and sources.

Provide both screenshots of 'top' in MobileTerminal that you took, and also provide the AppInfo list.

Ok so I've updated to iOS 7.0.6 and jailbreaked with evasi0n7 1.0.7 and it took a couple of tries for it to complete, but I finally got cydia to install. The only problem now is I can't download any packages or update any thing.... I'm going to try and attach a pic of the screen shot I get hopefully someone can shed some light on my problems. I'm also getting and error code when I try to install any packages I'll try and get a screen shot of that as well.
u2ega2ej.jpg

taze6udu.jpg

You are a thief and a pirate. You will receive no assistance with your issue on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HI,
Saw the previous post and this reply to it. Not really sure if you will answer the question, But I was curious to know how you can make out that there are pirated apps on the phone from the previous screenshots provided?
Apologize in advance if this kind of question is not allowed.

HI,
Saw the previous post and this reply to it. Not really sure if you will answer the question, But I was curious to know how you can make out that there are pirated apps on the phone from the previous screenshots provided?
You can tell by the name of the "place" people say they downloaded certain apps from. "Pirate repos" are easy to spot by name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI,

There are many other ways to find out. The pirates and thieves can avoid this method, but they won't be able to avoid other methods.

Ok so I've updated to iOS 7.0.6 and jailbreaked with evasi0n7 1.0.7 and it took a couple of tries for it to complete, but I finally got cydia to install. The only problem now is I can't download any packages or update any thing.... I'm going to try and attach a pic of the screen shot I get hopefully someone can shed some light on my problems. I'm also getting and error code when I try to install any packages I'll try and get a screen shot of that as well.
u2ega2ej.jpg

taze6udu.jpg

The error should've been fixed on Evasi0n7 1.0.7. Why it hasn't and why the problem was introduced to the utility with 1.0.6, I'm not sure. But you'll likely have re-run Evasi0n7 up to the point where it says to unlock and tap on the Evasi0n7 app, then close out the utility, and delete the Evasi0n7 app on your device's springboard.

Last edited: