What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

I just purchased Springtomize 3.0. It works great. I like it specifically to modify the dock icons to give it that 3d look. I still have not found a compatible snow/lion/mavericks dock for IOS7 yet.

I have a question I purchased springtomized 2. Can I download springtomized 3 or do I have to purchase that as well. Also it looks like it has everything hidden springboard setting has plus way more.

Also which repos do I need to download ilex rat and mobile terminal

I have a question I purchased springtomized 2. Can I download springtomized 3 or do I have to purchase that as well. Also it looks like it has everything hidden springboard setting has plus way more.

Like you, I purchased Springtomize 2. I had to purchase Springtomize 3 but the developer discounted the cost for me.

7.0.5 for the Global iPhone 5S and 5C has been released and can be jailbroken by Evasi0n7.

Also which repos do I need to download ilex rat and mobile terminal

MobileTerminal is available from the default repos. ILEX RAT is available from http://cydia.myrepospace.com/ilexinfo/

You can also get both from http://cydia.myrepospace.com/willerz2

@willerz2,

I restored a stock Apple IOS 7.0.4 from DFU mode tonight. I ran the script to save my paid and free cydia tweaks and ran into problems running the script you suggested. First off Cydia does not install all the APT packages only 2 get installed and the important one to run that script is not installed HTTPS method so I made sure all 5 apt packages were installed including the APT 0.6 Transitional package and the script ran with problems.

I added the Ilex source before I ran the script just to be noted.

Here was the first issue before installing the remaining APT packages:

osxfr33ks-iPhone:/var/mobile root# apt-get dselect-upgrade
-sh: apt-get: command not found

Here are the other messages after installing all the APT packages:

First it listed all the packages to be installed no problem there.

0 upgraded, 40 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 35.7MB of archives.
After this operation, 86.3MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
com.myrepospace.iLEXiNFO.rat-eng

Install these packages without verification [y/N]? y

Unpacking mobilesubstrate (from .../mobilesubstrate_0.9.5001_iphoneos-arm.deb) ...
MSHookProcess() failed.

Setting up org.altervista.exilecom.icleaner (7.1.1) ...
chown: cannot access `./usr/bin/iCleaner': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `./usr/bin/iCleaner': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `./DEBIAN/preinst': No such file or directory

Setting up com.myrepospace.ilexinfo.rat-eng (1.10-125) ...
chmod: cannot access `/usr/bin/ratdeb': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/bin/ratpackupd': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `/usr/bin/safemode': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `usr/bin/ratpack': No such file or directory
chmod: cannot access `usr/bin/ratother': No such file or directory

After that it seems to have set it up and installed.

This one which is what I originally was asking about before the huge blowup in this thread!! So this error had nothing to do with stale plists hanging around etc FYI!!

Setting up preferenceloader (2.2.2) ...
Setting up libhide (2.3) ...
chmod: cannot access `/var/mobile/Library/LibHide/hidden.plist': No such file or directory

After a reboot everything is installed. Got a messaged about the icon layout chose restore old configuration and got the Springtomize dock to look exactly as I left it before the restore.

Thanks

iOS 7.0.5 has been released for the global/CDMA models of the iPhone 5C and iPhone 5S. If you've landed yourself on iOS 7.0.5 and looking for a jailbreak, let me know and I'll shoot you a link for an unofficial patched version of the utility (simply added the new build of 7.0.5 to the device identifier of Evasi0n7), which is makeshift until @Evad3rs update Evasi0n7 for official 7.0.5 support.

Evasi0n 1.0.5 official was out as of yesterday jail breaking 7.0.5.

My IPhone 5 got unplugged during the download of Cydia. Now Cydia isnt working right. Am I just able to re jailbreak??

My IPhone 5 got unplugged during the download of Cydia. Now Cydia isnt working right. Am I just able to re jailbreak??

It's best to restore fresh prior to re-jailbreaking. But in most cases, if you're stuck on a certain stage, restarting and re-doing the jailbreaking process should be fine.

Thank you all very much. This is the first iphone forum and I'm finding everyone here helpful and polite unlike some android forums lol.

Hi everyone. I have a situation with JB'ing that I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have a 4S that has been JB'ed for years. IT at work added some security profiles that include a master passcode that I cannot turn off. I had to remove Cydia prior to them adding the security profiles (but I did not restore from itunes. I just removed all apps and themes and then deleted Cydia in "manage packages"). I cannot re JB with Evasi0n while the passcode is turned on. Does anyone know how I can re-install Cydia without being able to turn my master passcode login off?
Thanks in advance.