What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

Not as good as it can be!!! But its your choice!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I just bought the license for bite SMS but I can't put bite SMS themes on there it's saying forbidden ? Is because bite is still on beta

I just bought the license for bite SMS but I can't put bite SMS themes on there it's saying forbidden ? Is because bite is still on beta

Remember that BiteSMS is now fully integrated with Messages.app, so if you were to theme your Messages.app instead, you would see the UI change.

Weird glitch after "some" update. Not sure which one, doesn't seem to hurt anything but it's a little odd.

Messages and mail are always invisible after a double-press of the home button to close the apps. The rest seem to be fine. I use message customizer for imessage and tried Remove VIP tweak but removed it when it didn't work.

$IMG_6623.jpg

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Weird glitch after "some" update. Not sure which one, doesn't seem to hurt anything but it's a little odd.

Messages and mail are always invisible after a double-press of the home button to close the apps. The rest seem to be fine. I use message customizer for imessage and tried Remove VIP tweak but removed it when it didn't work.

Any ideas?

We'll, if it's only Messages and Mail, then I can't say it's not something in the jail break.

However, I can tell you that I got this type of behavior on my iPhone 5 (and iPad Air) before I jail broke either one. Sometimes, when fully closing an app by swiping, when the apps would move over, the "card" would be blank. This happened to any app at any time, tho. And, it happened whether I was doing one, two or three at a time.

So, I'm more inclined to tell you that it's a glitch in the stock iOS 7.0.4, not anything jail break-related.

Marilyn

We'll, if it's only Messages and Mail, then I can't say it's not something in the jail break.

However, I can tell you that I got this type of behavior on my iPhone 5 (and iPad Air) before I jail broke either one. Sometimes, when fully closing an app by swiping, when the apps would move over, the "card" would be blank. This happened to any app at any time, tho. And, it happened whether I was doing one, two or three at a time.

So, I'm more inclined to tell you that it's a glitch in the stock iOS 7.0.4, not anything jail break-related.

Marilyn

Awesome. Glad it's not serious.

Thanks!
Rik

PSA: We're now in a potential make-or-break period for Evasi0n7. Playdek and Apple have been working on an in-app purchase fix for the game Summoner Wars. This release on February 1st may be 7.0.5, or 7.1. Although 7.1 beta 3 did not patch the Evasi0n7 exploits, the same cannot be said for the official release of the 7.1. If you're looking to jailbreak on iOS 7, make sure you get the jailbreak working at this point, otherwise, if you result in a bootloop of your device on February 1st or after, you will be forced onto iOS 7.0.5/7.1 when restoring. February 1st may result in a 7.0.5 that fixes in-app purchase, or 7.1. Either ways, it's best to not bet on 7.0.5 or 7.1 full not patching Evasi0n7 or wait until the last minute to restore and jailbreak, then realize you have an issue on your device and are forced to restore to a non-jailbreakable iOS.

So after not being jailbroken since i had my iphone 4 a couple years ago i just did it today. BUT i don't know if i'm missing something or what because i have no cydia app. i'm on 7.0.4 iphone 5

So after not being jailbroken since i had my iphone 4 a couple years ago i just did it today. BUT i don't know if i'm missing something or what because i have no cydia app. i'm on 7.0.4 iphone 5

If you do not have Cydia, my sense is the jailbreak did not install

Did the Envsi0n app appear.

yes. everything seemed to work fine. it rebooted i clicked the Evasi0n app and it finished installing and rebooted again

i did see that. once the phone does the second reboot and i unlock the phone for a split second i see the installer saying "modifying rootfs..." then it closes itself down before saying done or exit. i tried it twice, but did not restore my phone between attempts.