What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

I'm sorry if this question has been asked. Had anyone used or downloaded hidden settings

Thanks !!! Now this might sound stupid I can still sync my jailbroken iphone to my computer and add music and save files or that's a no no now
Syncing with iTunes is unchanged after jailbreak. All works the same.

@Jrome.Brooks, Winterboard just got an update for 0.9.3912, which supports iOS 7 and ARM64 completely. So (for the most part) you don't need to manually theme your icons. The UI and some other aspects of themes may not work unless they're iOS 7 compatible specifically. iOS 6 compatible themes will have some spotty support if they heavily change the UI.
Now that Winterboard is working for us rookies, anyone know of a theme for pre-iOS7? I hate the new icon colors and I can't stand what they did to iMessage lol.

Rik

HiddenSettings works for all iOS 7+ devices. Check the spreadsheet in the first post

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa
Working? Hardly. A respring resets all your settings you changed to non-existent, Willerz. Very repeatable bug on A7 - and all phone types from the buzz I'm hearing. HiddenSettings7 needs a major update.

Now that Winterboard is working for us rookies, anyone know of a theme for pre-iOS7? I hate the new icon colors and I can't stand what they did to iMessage lol.

Rik

I wanna know this also but most of those themes are payed

It's the case for all devices, not just A7. The features work. The settings are from the stock device, they're not implemented. Unless you change your system plists, they won't be permanent. That's been known for a fact.

It's the case for all devices, not just A7. The features work. The settings are from the stock device, they're not implemented. Unless you change your system plists, they won't be permanent. That's been known for a fact.
Not a "known fact" if the dev doesn't make a disclaimer and it's not generally known. 95% of the people who have this tweak understand there to be a "problem" with it - not that it's functioning AS designed - to erase all your settings on a respring.

Does themes that go for the 5 work for the 5s
Only if you erase any info.plist files from the main theme folder. And several apps have been made new for iOS7 and their icon names have changed. That may get in the way of several apps not themeing properly. Some icons are fussy also without being resized to 120x120.

Not a "known fact" if the dev doesn't make a disclaimer and it's not generally known. 95% of the people who have this tweak understand there to be a "problem" with it - not that it's functioning AS designed - to erase all your settings on a respring.

That's the thing, no one developed it. The person that made the simply, simply opened to the public something that was pre-existing. It's a default portion of the core iOS, not an add-on. Notice how certain sliders/preferences/settings are already toggled to a certain level for you. That's because the stock iOS uses this exact control setting to have the UI presented in a way that Apple designed it. Unless you hard mod the system plist, the changes will not be permanent because your plist is set to automatically recalibrate to these exact settings upon reboot/respring. The name of the tweak gives it away as well, HiddenSettings, because it was hidden in the first place, and the package's functionality was to open it for user manipulation.

9a5a4e3a.jpg

Finally got a theme !!! Love jail breaking 😉