What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

Thank now if I don't buy the license it will still work it will have advertisement right ?

Yes. Ads are only there when you open up your messages app. They won't come up randomly on say your springboard or in the middle of a text. It's a small bar on the bottom of your conversations. It comes with a week trial so you can give it a shot. If you like, you can purchase a license, if you think it's okay/decent and does not warrant a license, you can continue to use it with non-obstructive ads

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Yes. Ads are only there when you open up your messages app. They won't come up randomly on say your springboard or in the middle of a text. It's a small bar on the bottom of your conversations. It comes with a week trial so you can give it a shot. If you like, you can purchase a license, if you think it's okay/decent and does not warrant a license, you can continue to use it with non-obstructive ads

Can I use the different themes for bitesms while on trail period or I have to buy the license to do all of that ??

You can manually theme using a theme for Messages. The new BiteSMS is integrated with the messages app, so any tweaks to theme the appearance of the messages app will show up with the new BiteSMS. For the quick reply pop-up, you'll have to manually theme or use the graphics from an older theme as messages does not have a quick reply and messages app themes do not account for the new changes unless it's a recently made or updated theme

Thanks !!! Now this might sound stupid I can still sync my jailbroken iphone to my computer and add music and save files or that's a no no now

Thanks !!! Now this might sound stupid I can still sync my jailbroken iphone to my computer and add music and save files or that's a no no now

I always though this would be a problem, I brought this up a little while back but was told that a backup on a non JB or JB phone wont matter, its all the same. It won't affect anything. iTunes backup does not backup anything on a root level, example system files. iTunes backup however will not backup your tweaks but there are so few of them who cares, it takes minutes to put them back. I had a JB 6.12 backup and restored to my JB 7.0.4 no issues what so ever to the JB itself.

I always though this would be a problem, I brought this up a little while back but was told that a backup on a non JB or JB phone wont matter, its all the same. It won't affect anything. iTunes backup does not backup anything on a root level, example system files. iTunes backup however will not backup your tweaks but there are so few of them who cares, it takes minutes to put them back. I had a JB 6.12 backup and restored to my JB 7.0.4 no issues what so ever to the JB itself.

So it really doesn't matter I just wanna add some music on my phone ?

Ah for the music I hate iTunes for that. Most of my music is my own and not from the iTunes store so what I have to do is drag all my music into a folder on the desktop before a restore then do the restore then drag the music back into iTunes and sync music with phone. It will want to erase the music on the phone but it won't matter because you have an exact copy in your iTunes.

Ah for the music I hate iTunes for that. Most of my music is my own and not from the iTunes store so what I have to do is drag all my music into a folder on the desktop before a restore then do the restore then drag the music back into iTunes and sync music with phone. It will want to erase the music on the phone but it won't matter because you have an exact copy in your iTunes.

😩😩😩😩😩 sounds like a lot of work that sucks

4) Bluetooth off - unless you have a device that requires it. Bluetooth is a giant killer of battery.

Gotta disagree with that one I'm afraid. To the best of my knowledge Bluetooth uses very little power. I have mine on all the time and it has almost no discernible impact on battery life on my iphone 5.

Sent from my iPhone

 sounds like a lot of work that sucks

I thought it would be to but its not a big deal. I have a sh..load of songs about 3GB doesn't take long to drag them out of iTunes into a folder. I haven't figure another way to do this yet but every new song you drag into your iTunes from that point on will sync to the phone then before you do a major firmware update just drag (copy) all the songs out first.

@Jrome.Brooks, Winterboard just got an update for 0.9.3912, which supports iOS 7 and ARM64 completely. So (for the most part) you don't need to manually theme your icons. The UI and some other aspects of themes may not work unless they're iOS 7 compatible specifically. iOS 6 compatible themes will have some spotty support if they heavily change the UI.

@Jrome.Brooks, Winterboard just got an update for 0.9.3912, which supports iOS 7 and ARM64 completely. So (for the most part) you don't need to manually theme your icons. The UI and some other aspects of themes may not work unless they're iOS 7 compatible specifically. iOS 6 compatible themes will have some spotty support if they heavily change the UI.

Just got the update I'm on it thanks looking for a cool theme did you find any ??

The current hype revolves around Kiki, Solstice, Flat7, Space Blueberry, Space Potato and Soft Remix, which basically incorporates quite a bit of the older theme ideas/designs and mixes in a few blend of flavors as well. Users are also using Circulus as an add-on to make the themes circular rather than the good old squircle as Soft Remix puts it. Most iOS 6 themes that incorporates an @2x.png version of the icon will work on iOS 7 as they're denser in pixels and fits the requirements of iOS 7.