What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

Really for all the early release etc. my 5 is running great. Few little issues with winter board or Dreamboard but other than that I think it's great. This forum is awesome for helping users out. I think calling it the worst ever is a little harsh but that's just my opinion

Last edited:
Could anyone maybe tell me where I messed up to get that result? Or was it just my phone? I'm thinking of trying again but only if I know I'm doing it right.. When I was downloading evasi0n7, there were these mac/windows options to pick from, and I wasn't really sure which one of Windows to do (I have windows 7) so I just picked the first listed.. I also forgot to remove my password from my phone. Do you think either of those had anything to do with it? Sorry I'm just a stupid girl that doesn't know what she's doing lol but that's what you're here for right? :)

Niceeee :)))

JjNeWoB.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I meant nice for the beta :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Still too early to tell if 7.1 will support it. Theoretically, if beta 3 was the last beta, between beta 3 and the final release of 7.1, they could still implement a patch for Evasi0n7.
There is ZERO chance Apple will not patch the 7.0.4 jailbreak. We have LOADS of history to support that conclusion.

There is ZERO chance Apple will not patch the 7.0.4 jailbreak. We have LOADS of history to support that conclusion.

They'll patch it, but just a matter of when. Evasi0n6 was released to support 6.1 initially, then came 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 delta fixes, which came months after the initial supported iOS's. 7.1 may patch the jailbreak, or we can see a 7.0.5 or 7.1.1 which may patch it as well. Safest practice for heavy modders is to do a complete backup of your device of all stock and jailbroken data, restore to a fresh copy of 7.0.4 prior to the release of the new iOS so you have a new foundation to work off of since you'll never be able to restore fresh again. Tricky part of it is knowing when to do the restore....

This has to be the worst jailbreaks amongst jailbreaks

Oh. It's not so bad. I have jailbroken 4 devices with evasion7. An iPad3, iPad4, iPhone4s, and iPhone4. The iPhone4 gave me a little grief but I got past it. The others went smoothly. Granted there are not many tweaks ready to play with yet. Soon come.

did anybody else notice better battery life with the jailbreak? lol

usually i would be at 40% by now, im currently around 70.

did anybody else notice better battery life with the jailbreak? lol

usually i would be at 40% by now, im currently around 70.
ios 7 itself is very good with battery life. Better than 6. Even when I'm jailbroken. For me there was the tiniest drop in battery power after 1.0.2 JB tool. I haven't rejailbroken to 1.0.3 because it offers most of us nothing new. Helped iPad 2 people.

ios 7 itself is very good with battery life. Better than 6. Even when I'm jailbroken. For me there was the tiniest drop in battery power after 1.0.2 JB tool. I haven't rejailbroken to 1.0.3 because it offers most of us nothing new. Helped iPad 2 people.

my battery life on ios 7 was horrible. my intervals would b:

wake up, leave house with a fully charged device @ 6:20am

commute for 30 minutes with music

browse fb and IG here and there, by 10 i would be around 60%

then by 12 i would be around 50-40

my battery life on ios 7 was horrible. my intervals would b:

wake up, leave house with a fully charged device @ 6:20am

commute for 30 minutes with music

browse fb and IG here and there, by 10 i would be around 60%

then by 12 i would be around 50-40

You either need a mophie charger case or take to the apple store something else is wrong