What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

Everything went smooth but Ifunbox nor Iexplorer reveal the root of the device? Is there something I need to do other than install OpenSSH?

EDITED:

Sorry I did not read the OP carefully enough. I installed AFC2add, thanks to Willerz2

Edited Again:

Is it possible to change the internal built in sound for example when plugging in the charger. The stock one absolutely sux. Its not in the settings as far as I could see.

Edited one last time:

My ringtones were in /var/stash. I used iFunbox to throw them back in there but they are not showing up in iPhone 4S settings sounds ringtones? Must be the size or time limit which was not an issue on IOS6 JB.

Last edited:
Try /System/Library/Audio/UISounds for the charge tone. I don't have the file name in mind but it should be in there

Ringtones are sandboxed a little differently on iOS 7. Best way is to use a ringtone tweak or iTunes

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

Try /System/Library/Audio/UISounds for the charge tone. I don't have the file name in mind but it should be in there

Ringtones are sandboxed a little differently on iOS 7. Best way is to use a ringtone tweak or iTunes

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

The file name is "beep-beep.caf." And yes, it's in that folder/location willerz2 said.

Just remember that is must be named exactly as the original (and it must be a .caf file). Upper/lowercase matters!

Marilyn

The file name is "beep-beep.caf." And yes, it's in that folder/location willerz2 said.

Just remember that is must be named exactly as the original (and it must be a .caf file). Upper/lowercase matters!

Marilyn

To add on, try not to delete the original as you may need it in the future for whatever odd reason whatsoever. Change the file name from beep-beep.caf to beep-beep.caf.bak, then create and name the tone exactly as Marilyn said above.

Marilyn

Thanks this is great now I just need to find the original sound file from IOS6. I think I may have it will have to look around.

Just to change that subject I cannot get Prompt nor SSH Term Pro to work. Is this the spotty SSH issue on the JB or Substrate?

Mine is stuck on the apple as well. I've looked up how to undo all of this, and sites have said to go to DFU mode to restore it, but problem is I can't get my phone to shut off, as that is part of how to do so. It's just stuck and I have no idea how to fix it at all.

Mine is stuck on the apple as well. I've looked up how to undo all of this, and sites have said to go to DFU mode to restore it, but problem is I can't get my phone to shut off, as that is part of how to do so. It's just stuck and I have no idea how to fix it at all.

Press the power button and then the home button at the same time that would shut off the phone .... To put in DFU mode go on iTunes on your computer plug in your phone hold the home button for 10 seconds your iTunes should recognize it then it should be on DFU mode then iTunes should ask you to recover then click yes

it just restarts it doesn't stay off. the apple logo comes back on and itunes won't recognize it :(

it just restarts it doesn't stay off. the apple logo comes back on and itunes won't recognize it :(

😦 you might have to take to the apple store a have them fix but before u do that they should have instructions on this forum on how to fix that because that what I did exactly when my 5s just showed the apple symbol

Contrary to many instructional procedures for DFU mode, your device does not have to be turned off to get it to DFU mode. Simply hold the power and home button for 10 full seconds until it shuts off. Even after it shuts off within the 7th or so second, keep holding it for the full 10. After the full 10 seconds, release the power button but keep on holding the home button for at most another 15 seconds, or, until your computer recognizes new hardware, or, iTunes recognizes a device in Recovery Mode. Your screen should now be pitch black as if it's turned off.

I would keep trying until you get into DFU mode then restore the firmware that way. I would use Apple as a last resort because if they suspect in any way you tried to JB or screw around and tried to install Apple Stock Firmware the unconventional way, they could get ignorant and tell you that you voided your warranty.

Mine got stuck like yours and I just held down the Home and Power Button as Willerz2 said. Keep trying that until you get into DFU mode then restore your Apple Stock Firmware.

This has to be the worst jailbreaks amongst jailbreaks

That's the drawback when everything is developed by winging it. Saurik had no leeway on MobileSubstrate, so reverse incorporating MS into packages is causing issues and the developing/beta period is compressed thin. When Evasi0n6 was pushed, we saw the basic cores updated and released with it because of all the time there was available to test, plus there was a plethora of pre-A5 devices to test on. @winocm's OpenSn0w allowed for iOS 7 testing, but not all devs run on an iPhone 4, and because of the release of A7 devices, you had to wait for MS to update before you can play around with the new processor. The sell-out steal of the jailbreak (in a way) forced Evasi0n7 to be pushed out under the tables. So no MS leeway, no test period, new processor, sell-out taunt, and a bunch of other points lead to a rushed/imperfect jailbreak, far from the state of the initial release of Evasi0n6.

snip I would use Apple as a last resort because if they suspect in any way you tried to JB or screw around and tried to install Apple Stock Firmware the unconventional way, they could get ignorant and tell you that you voided your warranty. snip

It depends on the employee. I frequent 2 Apple Stores in the city, and most of the Geniuses I've encountered are open about jailbreaking, and the Geniuses that I know well, they've jailbroken their devices and occasionally encouraged jailbreaking to some buyers if they're looking for an enhanced experience or to fill-in-the-gap on what the consumer's looking for. It's a hit or miss thing, but to play it safe, always approach Apple with a stock device