What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

Might be a stupid question, but what icons do u guys have for manage account in cydia? Mine shows a green bg with a white person but a friend of mine has a different icon and he says mine is old and i need to re jailbreak. Everything on my phone has been working flawless so i dont think i did anything wrong

If it helps im on iphone 5 and hes a 5s

Sent via iPhone 5

Might be a stupid question, but what icons do u guys have for manage account in cydia? Mine shows a green bg with a white person but a friend of mine has a different icon and he says mine is old and i need to re jailbreak. Everything on my phone has been working flawless so i dont think i did anything wrong

If it helps im on iphone 5 and hes a 5s

Sent via iPhone 5

Cache issue with Cydia. Install MobileTerminal, then run the following commands

1) apt-get remove Cydia

2) apt-get install Cydia

Follow up with a reboot/respring.

1) apt-get remove Cydia

2) apt-get install Cydia

I assume im doing something wrong

raje6e4e.jpg

Sent via iPhone 5

Backup restoration has no affect on jailbreak, nor does the latter affect the first.

I always thought the restore might also restore some system files or configuration files? Would that affect the jailbreak if the backup was done before the jailbreak? After I could see but before?

For example, I am still in IOS 6 Jailbreak on my 4s so if I do a backup, DFU mode restore to IOS 7.04 then install the latest Evasi0n7, can I restore my backup from a Evasi0n IOS6 backup?

Is Iexplore and Ifunbox for OSX 10.9.1 working for IOS7 Evasi0n JB? I want to be able to at least put my Custom ringtones from IOS6 onto IOS7

Last edited:

1) apt-get remove Cydia

2) apt-get install Cydia

Ok i got the commands to work googling. Removed reinstalled and respring. Still the same green icon

Sent via iPhone 5

Yes what is the name of the tweak? Its not mobile terminal another one or?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

1) apt-get remove Cydia

2) apt-get install Cydia

Ok, so now I'm confused too. I too, have a green background with the white silhouette. This is a now outdated version?

If so or if not, I get a not found error when I try to use the apt-get commands. I did the su and alpine inputs and it got the var/root fine, but then it gives me the error when I do apt-get XXX. I verified that apt 7.0 IS installed and apt should be part of the standard package right?

Question 1- Do I REALLY have an outdated cydia version?
Question 2- What am I doing wrong with the mobilterminal?

Thanks,
Rik
$photo 1.jpg$photo 2.jpg

Does anyone know hiw to unlock I phones 5 5s and 4s?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I always thought the restore might also restore some system files or configuration files? Would that affect the jailbreak if the backup was done before the jailbreak? After I could see but before? For example, I am still in IOS 6 Jailbreak on my 4s so if I do a backup, DFU mode restore to IOS 7.04 then install the latest Evasi0n7, can I restore my backup from a Evasi0n IOS6 backup? Is Iexplore and Ifunbox for OSX 10.9.1 working for IOS7 Evasi0n JB? I want to be able to at least put my Custom ringtones from IOS6 onto IOS7

That what I did basically on my 4S which was jailbroken on ios6.
1. Backed up in iTunes
2. Restored/ upgraded to 7.04 through iTunes
3. Jailbroke
4. Restored last backup
5. So far everything works and in basically the right place.