What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

It will be nice to see Mobile Substrate get updated sooner rather than later. It seems that reinstalling it is required from time to time. The present version is a bit buggy.

+1

However, it IS the holidays and I read a message on Sauriks page that said naturally he (and the evad3rs) needed a little break and some family/friend time too. Don't like it but cant blame them. I've tried to donate a little but I've never been charged for a JB so it's hard to complain.

It was sorta a "dirty trick" that the evad3rs gave us this "Holiday present" knowing full well Saurik would have no time over the holidays. And so we're all on our vacations from work - having loads of time to "play" but no toys to play with... :(

Big let down. But don't blame Saurik. Blame the evad3rs for not keeping Saurik in the loop nor seeding him an early copy.

how do you remove this evasion program from your pc??it does not show up in my programs and features in control panel .

now i have jailbroken my ip 4s.it was a fresh copy from itunes...so my Q is,is it save to restore backup from my pc via itunes.there wese pictures,messages,app etc in that backup

how do you remove this evasion program from your pc??it does not show up in my programs and features in control panel .

You don't have to. It is not an installed program on your computer, it's just an executable file that runs on your phone when you activate it. At most, you unzipped the file(s) to your computer so you can save them in case you need them again but I would delete them and always use the latest version.

now i have jailbroken my ip 4s.it was a fresh copy from itunes...so my Q is,is it save to restore backup from my pc via itunes.there wese pictures,messages,app etc in that backup

Backup restoration has no affect on jailbreak, nor does the latter affect the first.

You don't have to. It is not an installed program on your computer, it's just an executable file that runs on your phone when you activate it. At most, you unzipped the file(s) to your computer so you can save them in case you need them again but I would delete them and always use the latest version.
thanks

+1 However, it IS the holidays and I read a message on Sauriks page that said naturally he (and the evad3rs) needed a little break and some family/friend time too. Don't like it but cant blame them. I've tried to donate a little but I've never been charged for a JB so it's hard to complain.

I know. And I understand. Just hoping for something soon.

Evasi0n7 1.0.2 pushed for iPad 2 Wifi fixes. Users with issues on other devices should try this build to see if the iPad 2 fix addresses your same issue even if you're not on the iPad 2 Wifi models

I have an iphone 5 and I downloaded the jailkreak. I connected my phone and it says that it can be jailbroke but when I click start it goes to retrieving information then says there is an error and cannot jailbreak and closes the jailbreak program. What am I doing wrong?

Lots of new updates on Cydia today, including Mobile Substrate!

pu5ydana.jpg
e2amasu5.jpg

for any tweak I get this bundle error, anyone know why ?
ms updated iphone 5S

MobileSubstrate 0.9.5000 has been pushed for iOS 7 full support and ARM 64 architecture support. iPhone 5S, Air and iPad Mini w/ Retina can install this build safely. Not all tweaks will work even with the new MobileSubstrate. Still proceed with caution when installing packages.

MobileSubstrate 0.9.5000 has been pushed for iOS 7 full support and ARM 64 architecture support. iPhone 5S, Air and iPad Mini w/ Retina can install this build safely. Not all tweaks will work even with the new MobileSubstrate. Still proceed with caution when installing packages.

But this is the main issue that was causing problems? So now it's "safe" to update, install the JB and it "should" work fine assuming the packages I want have been updated?

Edit: yep same issue as abbdc1

I installed ikeywi and flipcontrol center and when I go into setting it says "there was an error loading preference bundle". I'm using the 5s. On willerz list it says its compatible.

Last edited: