What's new

Evasi0n7 (iOS 7) Jailbreak Discussion Thread

f.lux looks like it wants to load MobileSubstrate, Substrate Safe Mode & Preference Loader as dependencies to my phone. Are they safe enough for A7 devices, Willerz? I know they're fine on non-A7 devices but I thought they might cause some instability on my 5S.

MobileSubstrate doesn't run as intended, but does not cause any issues with A7 devices other than the possible need of respringing. F.lux will run without an issue as well

Sent from my iPhone via Tapa

i will jailbreak my 4s only for 1 famous navigator "TT"..if any one tried that app and runing normal on ios 7.0.4,then please reply

Between my wife and I we have 4 devices. My fear is 7.1 getting released and me missing the window on 7.0.4. Nobody knows if 7.1 will block this latest evasi0n jailbreak. So for that reason I'm updating and jailbreaking now. I'll wait for the tweaks and packages to get fixed. In the mean time I'll play around with 7.0.4 and get used to it. Albeit without any tweaks to speak of.

My 2 cents worth.
cheers,

ZWF

As everyone else has said, yes, you have to turn off passcode to jailbreak.

Also, as an IT manager, when you add your corporate work email to your phone, you loose some ownership of the phone and the content that's work related, if somehow they find out your device is jailbroken, and its against any policy they have, you might find your IT department may remotely wipe your phone (I'm sure there's a tweak to prevent that out there somewhere) and/or reprimand you (again based on company policies).

Also, as an IT manager, I find satisfaction in remotely wiping employees' devices because they failed to abide by company policies regarding devices and mobile email (my company owns the phone), so, just proceed with caution if you are jailbreaking a company owned phone.

Yes we can wipe phones too.. but the lady that presses that button and I are friends... otherwise I'm in the IT Dept too. No one will know my phone is JB'd and it is my phone... my iPad on the other hand is company property and I'm not sure I will JB it. I JB'd without taking the passcode off. No issues, but that's my experience and the official guide says too....

Awesome to be JB'd again!

Between my wife and I we have 4 devices. My fear is 7.1 getting released and me missing the window on 7.0.4. Nobody knows if 7.1 will block this latest evasi0n jailbreak. So for that reason I'm updating and jailbreaking now. I'll wait for the tweaks and packages to get fixed. In the mean time I'll play around with 7.0.4 and get used to it. Albeit without any tweaks to speak of.

My 2 cents worth.
cheers,

ZWF

Evasi0n works on 7.1 beta 2. In beta 4 (if it gets that far) we may see a patch. Usually the X.1 version goes a little further than beta 1/2 because that's when you consider the iOS as full as it can get (with the exception of 6.1). I would say maybe late Janurary to early/mid February should we expect 7.1.

Update: The Evasi0n 7.x untether package has been updated and pushed through Saurik's repo.

Last edited:
Why hello there Space Potato theme. I've missed you :)

OpwzyM4.png

Tested Winterboard themes that do not include widgets or "extreme" mods. Looks okay so far. Some themes causes crashes. I DO NOT recommend using Winterboard unless you have experience getting your device out of sticky situations, or, if you don't have a test device.

Best to wait for an updated MobileSubstrate and renewed Winterboard core to be released. With the 0.2 Untether package pushed for 1.0.0 users, expect MobileSubstrate to be updated and released soon.

Last edited:
I DO NOT recommend using Winterboard unless you have experience getting your device out of sticky situations, or, if you don't have a test device.

Best to wait for an updated MobileSubstrate and renewed Winterboard core to be released. With the 0.2 Untether package pushed for 1.0.0 users, expect MobileSubstrate to be updated and released soon.
Willerz,

Just wanted to drop a quick Thank You for all the info you provide. You're posts are more than half the reason I Jailibroke in the first place and now they're most certainly the reason I'm waiting for it work smoothly before I do it on iOS 7.

Thank You!!!

Rik

Ok so last night i had to reset my network settings to get my iMessage working. I had the jailbreak working on my iphone 5 and after i reset the settings and got my iMessage working, my jailbreak wouldnt work anymore. None of my tweaks worked nothing. Is there anyway to reinstall or reboot the jailbreak or will i have to restore to factory and start new again?

First post

Q: My tweaks were working fine, but all of a sudden, they stopped working. I tried reinstalling the tweak and it doesn't work. What do I do?

A: Reinstall MobileSubstrate through Cydia. The respring will fix your tweaks not showing up/not working.

If you're experiencing issues at the moment, then you'll have to wait for the next Evasi0n7 build. No release date given

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapa

Last edited: