What's new

End of apple and iphone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those graphs show share prices.

One in US dollar another in S. Korea currency.

And these two graphs ARE comparable as they are showing the trend of price changes and not what the absolute price is.

Not at all! I think we expect big things from them. All companies stock changes as it grows and continues to grow.

Stock prices drop because a company doesn't make forecast and people pull out to find a faster rising company or one that will pay more per dollar invested - it really doesn't have anything to do with the product, investors don't put money up based on a products appeal or worthiness only on the return expected. Using stock prices to determine the worth or value of a product itself is... well... silly

. Using stock prices to determine the worth or value of a product itself is... well... silly

The better a product, the higher sales and therefore more revenue which translates into growing stock price

To not see this dirrect correlation is ... Well .... Stupid

Having used both phones, I am still going with Apple. It's not the phone, it's what you can buy to put in the phone that's important to me. The fact that I know instantly how to use it, that the 700+ apps I have bought can go on every device in this household.

Why do you think most developers make apps for Apple first then the multitude of android etc...

It's a matter of choice and no-one will win this argument. Apple or Android? Who cares? Nokia, HTC, etc...

Agreed

iPhoneMommy
~Tech Obsessed Mom~
iPhone 5 - Black - 16GB

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner

Tapatalk Yo! :)

i5user said:
The better a product, the higher sales and therefore more revenue which translates into growing stock price

Not necessarily, Apple is one of the most profitable companies in history, with ever increasing sales. Samsung,on the other hand, makes little or no profit on each phone sold.

i don't pretend to know much about the stock market but many things influence the price of stocks,interest rates and consumer spending for example.

You must admit the apple stock market has been up and down like a yo-yo. Interesting that it hit a new low on the anniversary of moving past Exxon to take the place as the top company. Pure coincidence but it makes you think, doesn't it?

You must admit the apple stock market has been up and down like a yo-yo. Interesting that it hit a new low on the anniversary of moving past Exxon to take the place as the top company. Pure coincidence but it makes you think, doesn't it?

Well every great company have there ups and Downs that doesn't mean the end............. Yet

What was it Mark Twain said? Something about his death and exaggeration?;)

idave23 said:
What was it Mark Twain said? Something about his death and exaggeration?;)

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." — Mark Twain

Drop the rushing of the 5S, work on your iOS development, add something fancy to the 5S instead of slapping an 'S' on the end of the 5 and tweaking 1 internal component. I mean it's not the end of the world if they change their form factors.... Sure history says that every 'S' version is basically the same form factor as the original, but if you give it a twist, people will go crazy over it. I mean really now.... the 4S's quick release was justified with the whole antennae problem, but the 5 just came out and it's booming as is. Releasing a 5S this quick is just another way of saying "Hey guys, we're just releasing this to aggravate you people and to siphon money out of your wallets. Here you go."

Last edited:
Drop the rushing of the 5S, work on your iOS development, add something fancy to the 5S instead of slapping an 'S' on the end of the 5 and tweaking 1 internal component. I mean it's not the end of the world if they change their form factors.... Sure history says that every 'S' version is basically the same form factor as the original, but if you give it a twist, people will go crazy over it. I mean really now.... the 4S's quick release was justified with the whole antennae problem, but the 5 just came out and it's booming as is. Releasing a 5S this quick is just another way of saying "Hey guys, we're just releasing this to piss you people off and to siphon money out of your wallets. Here you go"

5s better have 12.5 megapixel camera at least and more ram and make it a 3core processor the os just need some animated widgets ... make the phone glass again

Not necessarily, Apple is one of the most profitable companies in history, with ever increasing sales. Samsung,on the other hand, makes little or no profit on each phone sold.
And you, of course, have access to Samsung internal financial data.

Status
Not open for further replies.