What's new

Emergency calls only with correct sim

jonnymckie

Reaction score
Hey. Quick one im not 100% sure what to do.
i got my new iphone yesterday and the micro sim is in. and it comes up with no signal on start up and only allows emergency calls.. with the screen showing the usb and the itunes logo.. im not sure what to do. any help plese?

welcome! did you cut the sim down to size or provided by carrier? did you activate over itunes?

the sim card was provided by the carrier and no i havent activated over i tunes. im not a 100% sure what u mean

you must be a beginner iphone user, when you receive an iphone the first thing you must do in order for it to work is plug it in itunes and activate it.. so do that and you will be ok

can u walk me threw how to do that? and yea new to this iphone malarky..

its easy just open itunes and plug int he iphone into the pc or mac with the usb. then follow instructions.. it takes a about 30 seconds to do...

yea ive plugged it in and im gettin no response at all. itunes opens and the iphone isnt picked up.

strange. try hold the home button and on/off one for 10 seconds then let go. it should reset the phone. but also hopefully will make itunes recognised that you plugged it in. or try another usb port or other pc/mac if that does not work. it should recognise it when you plug it in and ask you to activate it

ok try put it in DFU mode then plug into the pc... hold home and on/off for 10 seconds after 10 seconds let go of the on/off and keep holding home until you see the usb cable telling you to plug into the pc then it will let you restore.. well hopefully it will let you restore then activate..

but before you do any of this make sure there is no iphone tab when you plug into itunes. maybe your not seeing it on the left side?

what does DFU means?
and how to put it in DFU mode?

what does DFU means?
and how to put it in DFU mode?

putting it in dfu mode will make itunes recognise the iphone and only give you the option to restore. you only do this if your phone is stuck and nothing else will work. kind of like a last resort if you have problems

np:) it was also used while jailbreaking in earlier firmwares while using tools like pwnage tool or quickpwn or winpwn or redsn0w any of these tools puts the phone in dfu mode. i wonder when dev team will release a tool