What's new

iPhone 2G locked on emergency calls after updating software

Dean1909

Reaction score
Hello all

First post so hello all and thanks in advance for any helpl!

Bought my son a used iPhone 2G which was jailbroken with Blackrain. Unfortunately, he went onto itunes and updated the software and the phone is now stuck on the emergency calls only screen with the itunes/USB picture showing! The phone has not been backed up since he got it. I'm looking for help to get the phone back working again but just dont know where to start. Can I just restore it from iTunes to the latest software and, if so, will the phone still be unlocked (as I dont know what it will be locked to if it IS loacked)?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
Dean

you are using the iphone of 2007 right? or your son even? if so then the 3.1.3 is the latest and last firmware that the device will ever see and is not really supported by apple BUT all you have to do is use redsn0w and you can unlock it as many times as you need and you dont have to jailbreak to unlock that iphone either.

for tutorials go here: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=7436

or for mac: iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock/Jailbreak Your iPhone 2G on OS 3.1.3 Using RedSn0w (Mac)

good luck and if you run into any troubles then we are here. Just to add in the options select unlock only to unlock the device if you dont want it jailbroken but with jailbreak your son will really be able to customise the device and I am sure would like it more that way as the device is very limited with out jb.. you cant even have a background wallpaper on ios 3.1.3

Thankss for the quick reply!

Will give it a try

no worries.. it will work I have used it 100 times in the past and it will 100% work