What's new

PLEASE HELP! Iphone 4 problem

m1antle

Reaction score
Alright, so i got this Iphone 4 for free and it has these problems

- Wont come on without being charged
- Wont come on when plugged into computer

- Stays on this and the emergency call screen only, then switches to the black apple screen randomly

m1Bq9.jpg

Doesnt have a sim card in it and it constantly says 'Searching' instead of No Service

WHAT DO I DO?

It's stuck in "limbo" for a lack of a better term. In some cases (not all) it can be a kernel problem. See if you can connect it to the computer and put it into DFU mode. Then open up RedSn0w, select the current iOS that's being ran, then click Jailbreak. If after the "patching kernel" your iPhone jumps back alive, then it's a kernel problem and you'll need to make sure that you have total and completely clean iOS has been re-installed while in DFU mode rather than just regular restore.

And also check the LCI (liquid contact indicators) as tortelliniguy said. It might be that it's been damaged and it might not be connecting. Or if you have the proper kit, open it up and do some spring cleaning to make sure everything's functional. Here're the diagram for the LCIs that are visible without taking it apart.

iPhone and iPod: Liquid damage is not covered by warranty

Thanks guys.

The computer wont come on when i plug it into the computer, so i cant get it into DFU mode. Battery problem?

Could this phone be carrier locked?

Carrier locked means that your phone can only use a single network. Bricked would be when your iPhone is nonfunctional. It could be a battery problem or it could be the dock connector problem. Most likely the connector problem since if it's a battery problem, your iPhone can directly use the charge coming in when connected, much like a dried battery