What's new

Email sent folder

azonie

Reaction score
I noticed my mail was taking up over 650MB. On review I found sent folder had message sent over year ago.

How do I set up so that it cleans itself out.

Sent files are stored on the server not the iPhone. Is the server what you are concerned about?

I go into my Webmail interface once a month to manually delete sent emails from iPhone. I do this for my business sever, setup as iMap on incoming mails. I can delete either sent or received emails from iPhone account, but it's faster to perform using Webmail. Is this Exchange Server or standard mail service?

You should be using iMap for incoming. But the SENT folder has to manually cleaned. Sent emails however are not stored on the iPhone, they are kept on the server. SMTP is used for both iMap and POP but POP is slow because it has to download the entire message to your iPhone, and is stored on the phone which takes up memory.

Hope this sheds some light on what is happening and unfortunately there is no easy way to delete sent emails automatically (some mail servers have settings to turn on or off saving SENT messages).