What's new

iOS7 no sent, drafts and error in email

tonyvr4

Reaction score
After upgrading to iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 I am having a problem saving a draft email. All other features appear to work properly as I can send and receive email.

I have a POP email account setup and when I do the following I get an error "cannot get mail. The server (name here) is not responding"

But I can send and receive email. This error only appears when I try to save a draft

I noticed something else strange. Email messages send and receive, but for some reason the phone does not save sent messages in a "Sent" folder. There does not appear to be any record of the messsages being sent even though they actually sent properly

Any help is greatly appreciated
Thanks

Ok this is weird. Not sure how to resolve it but here goes.

The problem seems to be the phone gets confused with a duplicate account I have.

I keep a POP account for my email that I use all the time. This way I have separate records of the messags, sent, drafts, etc. That way when I quickly check mail when I am out, I don't accidentally delete anything important

I also have an IMAP account for the same email. This way I can access old stored messages and stuff like that.

With iOS7 it seems to get confused with the two. If I leave the IMAP account enabled, the strange folder behavior occurs, and even though it sends messages, they are not stored in the phones sent folder or the server sent folder

Any way I can fix this and keep the two accounts active?