What's new

Pissed about lack of SMS features!

turbo508

Reaction score
Hey guys

I have been searching for an SMS app that will save as draft....so I can save a message without a delivery date...

I love BITEsms...but all u can do with that is schedule a time to send it (is there a work around for this so I can save as draft and not have to schedule something?)

iRealsms does this save as draft but doesn't schedule...not to mention it seems buggier and not as smooth as bitesms.....

Any other ideas?

Hmmmm. Drafts? Never really thougnt about it. I know biteSMS keeps the message with "!" beside it if it fails to send, and you can just tap on it to retry.

I am going to email the biteSMS team and tell them to add Drafts support. Good idea. Another awesome thing about biteSMS......The develpers listen and respond to requests.

What exacty do you "need" to have drafts for anyway?

I know if i type something in biyeSMS, then do not send it, and close bite, then when i bring it backup whatever I typed before was still there. Plus I also use the Templates feature as well.

But I'm really just curious as to why anyone would want drafts. When I type a message i send it. If it fails I tap the "!" and try to send it again. If I want to say something i always say in an SMS, i tap on the Templates button and and tap on the pre-typed message i had saved.

I want it cause I want to save messages WITH a sender attached to the message so all I have to do is click to send....and I do not want to schedule the message....just want to type the message up and save as draft (with a recipient already added in there) and send it whenever I get the chance during the week......think of it as the same thing scheduling a message does but without having to set a time to send it....I can send it whenever or I can send it never.....

Irealsms does this...bitesms doesnt...

turbo508 said:
I want it cause I want to save messages WITH a sender attached to the message so all I have to do is click to send....and I do not want to schedule the message....just want to type the message up and save as draft (with a recipient already added in there) and send it whenever I get the chance during the week......think of it as the same thing scheduling a message does but without having to set a time to send it....I can send it whenever or I can send it never.....

Irealsms does this...bitesms doesnt...

You could open the app, go to the contact you choose, typing something...close the app...and it will still be there.

Saves drafts just in the way the stock Messages app does.

Yes man...but I have MORE THAN ONE draft to save....thats simple and easy if you have one draft....but what if I have 20 drafts I need to save for text messages and reminders I need to send to people this week but do not want to pin a schedule time on it...

I don't understand why you need drafts for SMS, why not just type the SMS when you are ready to send it? Drafts make sense for emails since emails can be really long, but I just don't see the point for SMS.

I need like Irealsms does....a draft saved with a recipient.....not copy and paste....not all of this stuff....if u had 100 texts to send out in a week u would undertsand why I dont want anything but a save as draft with a reciepient saved in there and all I have to do is click and send...

turbo508 said:
I need like Irealsms does....a draft saved with a recipient.....not copy and paste....not all of this stuff....if u had 100 texts to send out in a week u would undertsand why I dont want anything but a save as draft with a reciepient saved in there and all I have to do is click and send...

Are your messages to these people generally same thing?

Why don't you just make templates?

100 people or not...I don't see the point in saving 100 drafts.

You don't want to set a timer?
Why not?

And yes...if you open to actual biteSMS app..tap on a conversation...then type something, then close the app..whatever you type is still there.

Even if you quit the app.

And yes...even with 100 different contacts.

Last edited:
Use the reminders app, schedule a reminder, and type the text in the comment or whatever box, when you want to send, copy and paste.

Oscar_D_Grouch said:
Use the reminders app, schedule a reminder, and type the text in the comment or whatever box, when you want to send, copy and paste.

That's a good one. Didn't think of that.

Still don't see the point in having so many "drafts"(reminders) tho.lol.

Just don't make sense to me one bit.lol.

Bro your not getting it....how many times do I gotta go thru this....these are new texts i am sending to people......not previous convos I am continuing.....they will save if its a previous convo...not if its the very first text your sending to that number....

My business involves textings alot of new numbers on a regular basis(people who send my their resume).....no its not a template function...no the messages are not the same.....I want to load up 100 messages on sunday for the upcoming week and send them when I am ready to send them.....not schedule them and then not have time to talk to the person who responds back....none of that....the whole purpose is getting the work done ahead of time and not clouding up my week with extra work....I dont know when I will be free to send answer these texts back so I dont want a schedule.....I want to load 100 of them up on sunday and send them out whenever I get a chance.....its called being productive...

I see. That makes more sense. I think.

But still...there is no way to make drafts on iOS.

Its up to you whether or not you want to use the iReal and deal with its flaws or not.

I'm sure there is some type of alternative.

If for some reason wanted to write 100 text and not send them til I wanted to I would write separate notes in the Notes.app (your txt) and copy and paste them when I wanted to send them....until I found a different way. Since that seems like more work to switch between apps like that...there are some tweaks from Cydia that make switching between apps, more pleasant, and generally easier.

Depends on your personal preferences to which tweaks you would use that could do this.

Like Zephyr for example.

Just swipe from side to side to switch between apps.

Watch a YouTube video on Zephyr and you'll see what I mean.

There are many other tweaks that improve the multitasking experience.

That's all I got.

Last edited: