What's new

iPhone does not always recognize email addresses

spkeller

Reaction score
I have an Iphone 4 that I sync with my Outlook contacts via iTunes.
When I create a new email message and select a recipient by clicking the little '+' sign, my phone tells me that it doesn't appear to be a valid email address and it gets stuck in the Drafts folder. If I type in the first few letters of the name, and select it, then my phone sends it out just fine.
The contacts display the email address as: John Doe ([email protected]), or in some cases they show up as: work ([email protected]).
I also receive the Invalid Address message if I initiate an email by selecting the address from the contact .

A little more detail...When I start an email from the mail app and select a recipient, the recipient is displayed as John Doe.
When I start an email from the Contact info, the email is displayed as [email protected] - this one is especially wierd, because it is showing the correct address, but the phone complains that it looks to be invalid and then it gets stuck in Drafts.

More info - as I write this, I just found out that a friend of mine that has a new iPhone 5 is having the same issues.

Thanks in advance.