What's new

Contact email addresses switched

Silencer06

Reaction score
My first post to this forum...

My wife and I each just bought a new iPhone 4s for ourselves (we are both prior Blackberry users and are SO SO glad to be rid of them!!), and so far almost everything is working fine and we have no real complaints that I haven't already been able to resolve by doing a few Google searches. However, I'm having one problem that I can't find a solution for, so I thought I'd sign up here and see what you all may know. That said, I am new to *this* forum but please know that I DO know how to use a forum, so before anyone flames me for asking this question, understand that I did already use the forum's search feature *and* Googled the problem several times in various ways, and I still couldn't find any solutions...even though something tells me this is a common problem. So, on to the problem...

We both have Google accounts and use Outlook 2007 to download our email and maintain our calendars and contacts. I've synced everything with iTunes and immediately noticed our calendars were synced with our all day events (birthdays, etc) showing up on the phone one day earlier than the actual dates. I found the solution via Google and have fixed that problem, but since then I've noticed that we also have a problem with our Contacts not syncing properly -- specifically, our contact home email addresses show up on the phone as work email addresses, and their work email addresses show up as home emails. I know there's gotta be a fix, but I can't find it anywhere....so please help.

Is anyone aware of a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the info Frog. Sounds more like a different way of doing things than a true fix for my current setup, which I know is pretty common. I'd much rather keep my current setup because I don't think it's the problem, but if I can't find any other way of fixing this, then I guess I'll have no choice. In the meantime...

Anyone else got any ideas other than iFrog's suggestion above? I'd really like a fix, not a reconfigure.

Thanks!