What's new

Email address history

cclarkey03

Reaction score
I have read loads of previous posts on various different forums and no one seems to be able to suggest a solution, So I hope you guys can help

Without having to restore my iphone 4 ( not jailbroken ) back to a new device, is there a way of removing all email address history so I no longer get the automatic suggestions pop up every time I go to write someones address in to a new email. I have loads of old email addresses no longer in use and I REALLY don't want to see them every time I want to write an email

any help that doesn't involve completely restoring the phone or jail breaking it would be hugely appreciated !

P.S I have tried uninstalling and re installing the email account and that hasnt solved it. I have in fact noticed I am seeing email addresses i sent from one account (hotmail ) that isnt even active on the phone any more, appear when typing an email from another account ( gmail )

It's not your phone that's being faulty, it's Gmail itself. Even on a desktop or laptop, when you use your Gmail account to send an email that's not even your friend or a contact (if for example, Apple Support), Gmail saves the email even without your consent. Now if we could find a way to delete those email address history in Gmail itself, then you're problem would be solved. For now try using a different account like Yahoo or Hotmail :)

Sorry for the confusion, the email was never sent from the GMAIL account, it was sent from Hotmail / Yahoo on my phone. I have deleted this account from my phone and installed a gmail one, but it is still picking up the old email addresses sent when I had Hotmail installed.

Sorry for the confusion, the email was never sent from the GMAIL account, it was sent from Hotmail / Yahoo on my phone. I have deleted this account from my phone and installed a gmail one, but it is still picking up the old email addresses sent when I had Hotmail installed.

There is no way to delete those contacts one by one from your iphone. All you can do is to hope that the next coming iOS will have a solution for it.