What's new

Dropped my iPhone 5S and now it won't turn on (shows Apple Logo and switches off)

ChiTown13

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I dropped my iPhone 5s from the counter straight on its face in my house and although it didn't crack it doesn't turn on anymore. I tried holding the power button/home button and such combinations but all it does is go to the Apple Logo and then turn off 3 seconds later. I also plugged it into iTunes but I'm getting the same result.

I can't restore the phone/reset it because I have lots of photos/notes on that phone that I never backed up either.

I took it into a iPhone repair store but they opened it up, etc. and said it's likely a software issue and they can't do anything but restore it, which would require them to wipe everything on there (which unfortunately is not an option).

I only got this phone about 3-4 months ago. I'd really appreciate any sort of help. Whether it's a data recovery option or a way to get the phone to turn on. I'm extremely worried because I have lots of important data on that phone and I can't afford to lose all everything and am desperate for any answers.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, ChiTown13!

You've already tried everything possible, usually the reset (Home/Power buttons) should bring it back to life.

There's no other option than restoring it, or recovery mode, in case it's not recognized by iTunes.

There's also the possibility that the iPhone suffered internal damage, not visible on the exterior, which is causing the problems you're experiencing. In that case the phone would require repair, also resulting in an erased iPhone.

Restore is what I would do,if u have iCloud backed up important things u won't lose them go to Apple Store and see what they say...or is that where u went?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you have two options

option 1:

restoring your iphone

option 2:

Hard reseting your device

i hope you have found the help you expected from the community