What's new

Dropped Iphone in water and still sort of working.

Donald8274

Reaction score
Hello, I recently obtained an Iphone my cousin had dropped in the sink. He bought a new one and gave me this one because he didn't think it would work anymore. I plugged it in and it turns on and is functional, however, sometimes it will go to a blank white screen and the power turns off even when it's plugged in after a certain amount of time. Also, he jailbroke it so I can't take it to a place to get it fixed because it voids the warranty. Is there anything I can do to make the battery actually charge and make the screen not turn white? Thanks for any replies.

Donald8274 said:
Hello, I recently obtained an Iphone my cousin had dropped in the sink. He bought a new one and gave me this one because he didn't think it would work anymore. I plugged it in and it turns on and is functional, however, sometimes it will go to a blank white screen and the power turns off even when it's plugged in after a certain amount of time. Also, he jailbroke it so I can't take it to a place to get it fixed because it voids the warranty. Is there anything I can do to make the battery actually charge and make the screen not turn white? Thanks for any replies.

Try putting it in a bag of rice for two days. That should draw the water out. The warranty doesn't cover water damage.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Do you think that would work? It's been sitting around in his room for about a month or two.

Donald8274 said:
Do you think that would work? It's been sitting around in his room for about a month or two.

Oh wow in that case probably not! You can try it anyways. Nothing to lose right? Lol. If it works you should let us know! It'd make a good story lol :)!

Ok, thanks for the support =D. I'll try it but I don't think it will work. I might just have to either get it fixed or buy a brand new iphone.

Donald8274 said:
Ok, thanks for the support =D. I'll try it but I don't think it will work. I might just have to either get it fixed or buy a brand new iphone.

No problem! That's probably for the best. Good luck!