What's new

Dropped iPhone in water, now it won't charge

scatterclegge

Reaction score
I tried putting it in rice, cleaning it with alcohol, everything. I took it apart and cleaned the insides, I even submerged the phone in alcohol for a minute (I read this was good), but that only messed up the screen. I'm getting worried there's nothing I can do to save it. It charged fine the first night after I dropped it, but it stopped charging that morning and it hasn't since. Is there anything I can do to save this phone? Because I really don't want to get a new one.

You would use rubbing alcohol in moderation when cleaning..... dunking the entire phone basically just killed your device since you'll have to replace just about everything now. You submerge it in rice to soak up the moisture. The battery is toast as are quite a few other components.

Try taking it to the iPhone repair shop nearest to you. They will know what to do and hopefully restore your iPhone. Might be hefty price though!

Yeah.... I've never read ANYTHING that says dunking your entire phone in alcohol is even remotely good. As willerz stated above... doing so has more or less destroyed your phone.

You would use rubbing alcohol in moderation when cleaning..... dunking the entire phone basically just killed your device since you'll have to replace just about everything now. You submerge it in rice to soak up the moisture. The battery is toast as are quite a few other components.

Agreed. Pretty sure it's scrapped now.

iPhoneMommy

"Be nice to people on your way up because you'll meet them on your way down." - Wilson Mizner