What's new

Download large apps no wifi

justjames120

Reaction score
I'm new on here and wondering if anyone knows how to download large apps (over 100 mbs) from the App Store without wifi. I'd can only use my cellular data. I'm not jailbroken.. Thank you.

One way of doing it is to use the HotSpot facility on one phone to download on another. This appears to fool the second phone into thinking it's attached to wifi, and allows download via cellular.

Don't know of any other method, apart from a visit to Starbucks.

I'm new on here and wondering if anyone knows how to download large apps (over 100 mbs) from the App Store without wifi. I'd can only use my cellular data. I'm not jailbroken.. Thank you.
I'm afraid you'll have to find a WiFi hotspot to download those apps. There's no way to download them over the cellular network when they're too large.

The only possible workaround is to tether your computer to a WiFi hotspot generated by your iPhone and download the apps to iTunes on your computer, then connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer and sync the apps to your iPhone.

In addition, iOS updates can only be downloaded over a WiFi network even if they're less than 100MB in size.

Last edited:
Can you download the app to iTunes on your computer and then sync the iPhone to iTunes on your computer?

There is a solution and I am regularly using it. Just connect your iPhone with computer and use it in usb tethering mode. Now download any software on your computer to work it as wifi hotspot. Next connect your iPhone with wifi hotspot generated by computer. That's it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all very much. Only problem is that I can't get to a computer right now that's why I was asking. I really appreciate the help though. I have no problem paying for the apps that I want but when I couldn't download via cellular data I tried such things as EDITED and EDITED but the apps crash after a few days . Once again, thank you very much though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please no mention of piracy tweaks. iPhone forums in no way supports obtaining paid apps for free. Stay safe, stay legal; pay for and download your apps only from the App Store.

Thank you all very much. Only problem is that I can't get to a computer right now that's why I was asking. I really appreciate the help though. I have no problem paying for the apps that I want but when I couldn't download via cellular data I tried such things as EDITED and EDITED but the apps crash after a few days . Once again, thank you very much though.
Is there any place where you can connect to a WiFi hotspot? Public libraries and places like Starbucks and McDonald's are good places to try.

Ok I'm sorry about that. Definitely want to pay for everything that's why I was asking about this in the first place. Appreciate your help..