What's new

Wifi app for jailbroken iPhone 4

walkerinwhistler

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
So I have been reading alot on jailbreaking and the app Cydia offers wifi, and just wanted to see if I understand everything clearly. It is legal to jailbreak your phone although it will void your warranty. Your phone could be more unstable, and some apps could cause problems with the phone or drain the battery quickly. It appears that most problems incountered Are from upgrading and can be avoided by waiting for the jailbroken upgrade. So as long as I don't upgrade normally I should be fine? Also the main reason I would jailbreak is for the wifi app, the other perks are nice but I have an iPad (wifi only) and thought I could use my phone for Internet on my iPad. I am with Rogers so if I have a large enough data plan I should be fine? I guess I am asking if I can get myself into trouble doing this?

Thanks guys
Hope someone can help me to better understand

Hi everyone,
So I have been reading alot on jailbreaking and the app Cydia offers wifi, and just wanted to see if I understand everything clearly. It is legal to jailbreak your phone although it will void your warranty. Your phone could be more unstable, and some apps could cause problems with the phone or drain the battery quickly. It appears that most problems incountered Are from upgrading and can be avoided by waiting for the jailbroken upgrade. So as long as I don't upgrade normally I should be fine? Also the main reason I would jailbreak is for the wifi app, the other perks are nice but I have an iPad (wifi only) and thought I could use my phone for Internet on my iPad. I am with Rogers so if I have a large enough data plan I should be fine? I guess I am asking if I can get myself into trouble doing this?

Thanks guys
Hope someone can help me to better understand

hello!

so your thinking of jailbreaking for one app? well it is legal and it does void your warranty but a simple restore and apple wont be able to tell you have jailbroken, but if you decide to just have one app it wont really make any difference to battery life, i have never used that wifi app you speak of but i am sure you will end up hearing of more apps and trying them if you do decide to jailbreak.

some apps just dont work with newer firmware and you just uninstall it and thats it. and you are right you can just wait for the news that there is an un tethered jailbreak for the new firmware and make sure that the app(s) you are jailbreaking for work with the newer firmware and will be ported if not, some jailbreak apps never get updated to work with newer firmware but 9 times out of ten some one else will release something similar and better.

some times you want to upgrade really badly though because a firmware will have a feature officially added that you really want lie free find my iphone..etc

i hope that helps you and answers your questions

Is there such an app that gives free internet without searching for a network?

Maybe i read it wrong. Saw it on ****** under utilities

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you guys tell me how to unlock iphone 4??

Jailbreak first then unlock after. Go to the hacking section on the forum and there you will find all needed informations for jailbreaking your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wifi app is called MyWi 4.0. I use it so I can share my data plan between my iPhone and my wifi only iPad. It means I have wifi wherever I go. I also love a jailbroken iPhone and iPad so I can make my own theme and therefore make my gadgets look unique

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Can you guys tell me how to unlock iphone 4??

Jailbreak first then unlock after. Go to the hacking section on the forum and there you will find all needed informations for jailbreaking your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

should i jailbreak it first or use redsnow?

Use redsnow to jailbreak. But make sure you know what u are doing. And if u have unclear points, then ask.

I really dont believe in jailbreaking iPhones or iPods i am way too scared. Does it really work?? P.s. I am running a YouTube series where i review the best new applications on the app store every wednesday. I just thought you might be interested. Here is the link. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNkYeayUqNM]YouTube - ‪Best Free Apps For iPhone - 25 May 2011‬‏[/ame]

I really dont believe in jailbreaking iPhones or iPods i am way too scared. Does it really work?? P.s. I am running a YouTube series where i review the best new applications on the app store every wednesday. I just thought you might be interested. Here is the link. YouTube - ‪Best Free Apps For iPhone - 25 May 2011‬‏

Jailbreak is good and reliable. And with jailbreak, you have better option and taking full advantages of your phone. Believe me.